Wednesday 6 February 2019

WOYWW....

Here we are at the round up of all the creative desks of those who link up with Julia each week.  Please click on the link if you'd like to join in the fun....it's a very friendly group with very few rules but I will warn you...it's addictive.

This week I'm sharing the bear factory with you :-)



Here's the 6 bears I made last week in memory of a much loved mum.  They are each made with the same 4 items of clothing but each are a little different....and I've already had several comments from the family thanking me for doing such a lovely job and bring such a lot of comfort to them all....I'm so blessed to be doing this job.

 



This is my next challenge.  My cousin,, who died on Christmas Eve, was remembered by all for her warm personality, beautiful smile and her love of her warm jumpers so when her son asked me to make Memory bears for the family I just knew I'd have a job on my hands making bears out of them.
He posted me a large parcel full of her favourite jumpers and we plotted and planned how he wanted the 7 bears on messenger.

Monday morning I set to cutting the 28 panels out in interfacing first because every panel would need stabilising before they could be used.
I then made sure all the special requests were correct and cut out the 7 front rights, 7 front lefts, 7 back rights and 7 back lefts making sure each one was cut out using the right jumper.
Here they are all pinned together into their piles of 4 panels making sure each one was right before stitching them together....measure twice [or 3 or 4 times!] and cut once.



This was the first one sewn and all the seams clipped into so they lie flat when right side out.  I then wrestled with each one to turn it right way out.....its always difficult when the fabrics are so thick.

By the time I'd done this to all 7 I had blisters on two of my fingers from all the snipping into the thick seams!...the labour of love eh?




The first stage of stuffing is underway here and all 28 of the limbs are stitched into place once stuffed to make the right shape.

This is my desk this morning....all 7 bears are lined up waiting patiently in line for the next stage.

Hopefully today I will get their heads/bodies stuffed, the gaps in the backs sewn up, the necks stitched, the facial features sewn on and their bows put on to finish them.....oh and I've also to make 7 special labels so they each have one hanging from their necks.  :-)

I'm a very happy little bunny in my sewing room making special memories for special people.




I hope you have enjoyed your visit today and will leave me a little comment so I know you've called by.  I will do my best, between bears, to pop along to yours to see what you've been up to this week.
Hugs,
Annie x

19 comments:

Helen said...

You will have a full time job on your hands with your Memory Bears soon... the ones for your cousin's family look so cute lined up on your desk. Hope the blisters go soon! Helen #1

Mrs.D said...

Gosh Annie, what an undertaking, but you seem to relish the challenge. When finished, those bears are going to prompt some amazing memories for your family. What a beautiful idea.
Thanks for sharing, bless you
Chris #8

Twiglet said...

Oh they will be so loved especially as each jumper will have been given with love to that wonderful lady too. Best challenge yet, I think! xxx Jo

Catriona said...

That’s a huge undertaking to work with the clothes of someone you knew and loved. As always, you have risen to the challenge with such care. The family will be so comforted by their little bears made with love. X

Julia Dunnit said...

I love the thought of you spending some time today filling bears’ tummies! How 😊. It’s a fascinating process, and I must say, mad me shudde a bit at the thought of interfaced jumpers...those seams!!! You are a superstar Annie, I hope the blisters recede very fast!

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie - Busy as usual - and what a task you are involved in... but you are making it happen. Well done - think of your blisters as trophies!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a wonderful thing to do in memory of your cousin, bless you. I've featured your kind donation on my blog today, thank you once again, so very much. They bought me some joy in a week of a heavy cold and feeling yuck!
Hugs LLJ 14 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, it's amazing how much work goes into each bear you make, and so much love too. That must be the hardest fabric to work with, but they're as amazing as always. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, it is addictive, that's for sure, however I can't join in this week - recovering from a chest infection. Love those bears - they are guaranteed to make me smile. Hugs, Ellie xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

This sounds like a huge project but so worthwhile! What a lovely idea to make Memory Bears! Happy #505! zsuzsa #17

My name is Cindy said...

Your dedication amazes me!! Love the teddies but you really do suffer for your art lol. Happy Wednesday, Cindy #20

Sarah Brennan said...

I love how your memory bears bring such comfort in times of need Annie. I hope the blisters clear up soon too. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

J said...

How cute are those bears, what a lovely idea to use the special jumpers to make keepsakes, you are so clever, sewing is not my favourite pastime, sewing a button is is my limit.
Have a great week
Jan #18

Caro said...

What a lovely lot of gorgeous bears again. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a nice week. With love and God bless, Caro x (#30)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

More gorgeous bears Annie. Love the jumper teds especially. Have a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x12x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Oh Annie when you started to say re turning them inside out.. i thought ouch as I struggle doing that with cotton let alone wool. As you say a labour or love and pray those fingers heal quickly.
I'm loving the bear factory very very loving and moving indeed.
Happy WOYWW. A lot late.
Shaz in Oz.x #7 I think.xxxx

Marit said...

It's not only the beauty of the bears, it's also the LOVE that you pour into it while making them that people feel when they receive the bears. Heck, I can feel it even by seeing the photos! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, happy ~ belated ~ woyww. Hug from Holland, Marit #16

Neet said...

You really are the Queen of Bears. The bears in the first photo are beautiful and I can imagine what joy they brought to everyone. Then the second batch - well, what can I say - what a lot of work but all done with love in every stitch. Will be lovely to see them all lined up.
Hugs, Neet xx

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.