Wednesday 7 February 2018

WOYWW....

Hello all. It's been a slightly different week for me here at Sewing by Annie's.  The special offer on my Memory Bears over on my Facebook page ended at the end of January so the orders for my bears have eased a little but I was thrown another challenge.....could I make a Memory Dog?

You all know I like a challenge so it was back to the drawing board to design a dog and here's the first reveal....



I've made him with fabric with little hearts on and have called him Valentine.  He has a cute little tail too and my customer loved him and has ordered on to be made out of her little boys babygros with a special label around his neck with the details of his birth on it.....I plan to launch him over on my Facebook page soon but until then it's a secret just between us.



The other thing I've been doing this week is alterations to these lovely bridesmaids dresses....as well as the rest of the items behind on them on the rail.

The three bridesmaids were really lovely girls and allowed me to take a pic of them wearing the dresses.....but that photo will be over on my Friday's smile post so be sure to check it out....it sure made me chuckle.

That's all from me for this week as I have succumbed to the bugs going around the family and have a tiresome cough and head cold with earache....hubby has had a really sore throat too so we have been looking after one another this week.

Until next week I hope you stay well and happy and enjoy lots of creative times.
Hugs,
Annie x

18 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

The memory doggie works so well, you are clever Annie.
Now take care of yourselves you two and I hope the bugs don’t linger to long
Love lynn xxx

Claire said...

Love those dresses - lovely colour!
Feel better soon xx
Happy WOYWW :)
no. 4

sandra de said...

Sorry to hear you are unwell and hope you have speedy recovery. Absolutely love the memory dog, such a clever idea and I am sure they will be in great demand
sandra de @19

Sarah Brennan said...

That memory dog is so clever Annie; next stop memory cat? Hope you are feeling better soon. Sarah #23

Twiglet said...

Ben loves the little dog but he noticed the minion on the side bar and loved him too!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw, feel better soon Annie. I guess it was inevitable with all the customers and school children in your life! Cute memory dog.. lovely fabrics. I was expecting a dog on all fours, so it was a surprise! Those grey dresses are bang on rend aren't they. Can't bear the thought of having to make any alteration to them, you are so good!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Gorgeous colour for the dresses - you are clever to be able to alter them, I'd be trembling with fear! And the ears really do make that doggy, I can see him taking off, for sure. Look after yourself, lovely gal, so many germs going around...
Hugs LLJ 15 xxx

Marit said...

The flu goes around in HOlland and I sure hope your hubs and you stay healthy! I love that sweet little heart-dog, gret job! Happy woyww, warm hug from Holland. Marit #26

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, so sorry to hear you've come down with the lurgy too. Just as well you have been able to take turns at looking after each other. Valentine is delightful and I'm sure he will be as popular as your Memory Bears. Your alteration rail looks really full - not so good when you're feeling 'one degree under'. Hope you soon get better. Hugs, Ellie x #30

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, hope you feel better soon, these bugs have been really horrible for weeks now. Love the memory dog, another awesome idea. Have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #11 XxX

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I had to go back and have another look. I am so used to seeing the bears I hadn't realised it was a dog and he's lovely. Pleased to see you keeping busy too. Thanks for the visit to mine and hope you have a very happy woyww, Angela x17x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Wishing you and yours the best with getting rid of what you have. Here in the U.S. some sort of flu virus (respiratory) is causing hospitalization and many deaths. We were advised NOT to go to clinics/appts, or visit hospitals only if you have a flu bug. Really love the little dog. The 2 fabric choices are adorable. Enjoy a good week.

Sharon Madson said...

You have been busy! I love your Valentine! So adorable and perfect fabric! I am so sorry that you and your hubby are fighting a bug. Hope you both quickly get better! Happy WOYWW! #37

Anne said...

Hello Annie. So sorry to read you are unwell. Hope you will recover quickly - so much of it about. Love the Memory Dog you really are so clever. Take care. Anne x # ( was at 20 )

Neet said...

Love the MD's (Memory Dogs) and the bridesmaids dresses but sorry about the sniffles and all the accompaniments.
I feel wretched, not helped by the nose bleeds and upset tummy but hey ho, hopefully a different person next week. Hope you are too.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx (been asleep all day)

Heather M said...

Hi Annie. The dog looks lovely, the material is just perfect! Sorry to hear you are poorly. I hope you get better soon! Have a lovely week Heather #28

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Annie,
Well how lovely that all is, dogs now too, no end to versatility... really loved the fabric used, and that’s an unusual colour Thor bridesmaid dresses that’s for sure.
Thanks for sharing your crafty space!
Shaz in Oz.x #9

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

SusanLotus said...

He is a real CUTIE! :)

Happy WOYWW,
Sussie nr 38.