Friday 8 September 2017

This week's smiles.....week 237

Hello all.  Here we are at my weekly catch up of smiles.  Many thanks to all who joined in last week....it was so lovely to see a few more of you joining in.....keep up the good work folks.

Yesterday was little Theo's first birthday and as promised I am sharing a few photos of his birthday party on Sunday....the hall was filled with gorgeous babies and children and his family and friends.  It was a Peter rabbit themed messy play party which was really enjoyed by all.


Just look at that amazing birthday cake made by Theo's mummy and her friend.
The balloon Peter rabbit was made by my eldest daughter...talented lot aren't we?



My other share today is this one of Phoebe.  I've decided she is not only beautiful on the outside but on the inside too.....not that I didn't know it before.
She asked her mummy if, when she had her hair cut to go back to school, she could have it cut really short so that she could send her hair away to have wigs made out of it for little girls who have lost their hair with cancer treatment.....and as you can see this is exactly what she has had done.  I'm so very proud of her.

This made me chuckle too.  This is the photo of Phoebe with her new gorgeous hair cut next to one of her mummy when she was little sporting the same hair cut.....gorgeous or what?
That's my smiles for this week.  I'm up to my ears with sewing jobs this week plus this idiot decided to offer 10% off her Memory bears for this week and very many have taken up the offer so I'm under a mountain of bears too....and they have given me lots to smile about with all the special reasons people want them making for.
Please leave me a little message so I know you've called by and if you can then link up to your own smiles below.
Hugs,
Annie x

9 comments:

Helen said...

Theo's party looks great fun, and what a wonderful cake! Good for Phoebe, she looks lovely with short hair, as well.

KC'sCourt! said...

Party looked and sounded fun. Phoebe looks gorgeous, and well done to her.

Julie xxxxxxx

Twiglet said...

Lovely photos - the Peter Rabbit balloon looks clever!

Lisca said...

That is a lovely party! I do like the theme of Peter rabbit. Everyone likes Peter Rabbit! I bet you all had a wonderful time.
The photo ofPhoebe with her new hairdo next to her mum at the same age is staggering. And the fact that she wanted to donate her hair is so sweet. Well done Phoebe. I personally know what it means to have a wig that looks natural. There is a lot of Asian hair available but it is much coarser than European hair and just doesn't look 'real'. So a lovely blond pigtail is a traesure for the wig makers.
Have a great week,
Hugs,
Lisca

craftyani said...

Although I don't contribute to your smiles page I do read it most Fridays, You are so lucky to have such beautiful grandchildren. I have an ornamental Peter Rabbit and when a Spanish workman came round to my house all he could say was Bugs Bunny! He had not heard of Beatrix Potter.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm not sure little Theo knows what's going on but by the look of his messy face he had a good time. What a kind little girl Phoebe is she is obviously growing up with a good attitude. Well done to you all for bringing her up so well. Take care and have another great week, Angela xXx

Lanniesmum said...

Fabulous photos, Annie. How grown up Phoebe looks with her new hairdo and it's lovely that it was long enough for using to make wigs. The cake is a work of art and it's lovely to see how the whole family contributed to Theo's special day. Catriona

mamapez5 said...

Happy birthday to Theo. A super cake and lots of fun for everyone at the party.
Phoebe's hair really suits her short, and it was so kind to donate her hair too. You have a lovely family! Kate xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I'm really late today but I just had to pop in before I go to bed and say what a lovely happy post this week. Theo's party pics are fabulous and that cake looks yummy - though I'd find it impossible to bite into the little rabbit. Your girls are indeed a talented bunch and Phoebe is also a kind and thoughtful lass. She looks fabulous with her new hair cut too. Better get myself off now. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx