Wednesday 9 September 2009

Steam's up...it's sauna time!

I made 2 new ironing board covers this morning...one was to replace the one I ruined yesterday with bond-a-web. I know, I know I should have put down a cloth to cover it but was so keen to get on it was too late by the time I realised. It ended up with big black sticky marks all over and when your ironing board is on show and in use all day for the business I had to replace it quickly. The other cover is a spare for the next time I have a senior moment!

I then moved on to clear my rail of all my sewing jobs to clear the decks in readiness for sauna time!! I have 5 bridesmaid's dresses and a mother of the bride suit to steam today. My little room has to be taken over to do this job. I clear my rails and space out the items to steam, the windows and doors are opened and out comes my steamer. Thankfully it's a beautiful day here and the sun is streaming in through the open door.

Seams up so I'm off now........

7 comments:

Twiglet said...

Great mental picture here of you stripped to your undies in a cloud of steam!!! Or maybe that's taking the sauna connection a step too far!!

Anonymous said...

blimey what a job! kudos to you dear!

Julia Dunnit said...

Wipso how utterly fascinating. You truly do a wonderful professional job. Bet your skin is soft as apeach after all that steaming!
Love the wedding card too, how thoughtful.

Julia Dunnit said...

Have to add - ooooohh advent calendars in fabric...oohh, don't neglect showing them off (and talking about price if you sell 'em) will you? Love the idea of them. And...your workspace is 100 times more relevant as a space than just a desk, so keep WOYWWing won't you?!

Calico Kate said...

Sounds like a job to do on a cold day Wipso!
CKx

Annie said...

Julia...I have two designs of advent calendars to make but looking for more if you know of any [these are pre printed ones] but may also have a go at designing one if only I can fund the time :-)
Kate....I have to agree with you there but most of my weddings are in the summer :-)

TitansFan said...

Ha, that's hilarious! I never thought of doing that. I have tons of wrinkled clothes that could a little Steam Shower