Wednesday 13 September 2023

WOYWW...

 It's been another busy week here at Sewing by Annie's and I'm buzzing.  I also have something special to share with you today.


Since I was here last week I made these three gorgeous little Memory bears.  They combine clothing that belonged to a much loved Mum and Dad that both died last year and I was thrilled with how well the fabrics combined....as was my customer.


I was then looking on Pinterest for a new project for the charity I support and as you can see on the logo there is a little frog and I thought I might make a few little frogs for them to sell.




Harry's mum Sally called in to collect all the latest things Jo and I had made for 2 up and coming sales and I mentioned to her that I had cut out 10 little frogs to make for the charity.  She could then tell me why there was a frog on the logo.....2 weeks after Harry died she had found a drawing that Harry had drawn in his bedroom drawer hence the design.  She then told me that they give a little frog to every newly diagnosed child with cancer and they had previously had searched the internet to buy them.  I asked how many newly diagnosed children they normally had and she said it was 10-15 a year so I'm thrilled to be able to supply the next ten with my little frogs [and am more than happy to make more when needed].....it was as if I knew :-)




Of course with all the fabric I have there was little or nothing in green to make them with so I had to buy some...these were the best I could buy and I have to say I am pleased with the results...



I always said I was as mad as a box or frogs and now there's no doubt :-)


I've managed to use up some of the donated fabric to make these cushion fronts.....just got to find something suitable to back them with now.




Lastly, but by no means least,  I just want to share this photo of the latest puppet Sam made this week....I just knew he'd enjoy making his own dalmation with that fabric :-)


I'm such a proud Nanny :-)







I hope you have enjoyed you visit this week and will leave me a little message to let me know you've called in and I will do my best to pop over to see what you've been up to this week....but please bear with me as it's a Louie day today and I do have another huge bag full of factory trousers to replace the zips in [this will be my last thankfully because I retire in 39 days...not that I'm counting :-) ].

Hugs,

Annie x

16 comments:

Twiglet said...

Your gorgeous little frogs will be loved. I am sure. I am in awe at that fab dalmatian puppet - well done Sam !

Helen said...

Those frogs are just perfect, well done! the puppet Sam made is fab.. Happy WoYWW Helen #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Those frogs are brilliant, a bit wacky (like someone I could mention!!) but perfect for the charity - how lovely that you’ll be making more for children who are in need of a bit of comfort. The patchwork is looking good, great comb of colours and didn’t Sam do well with his puppet? The apples don’t fall far from the tree….
Good luck with the zips - last lot ever, woohoo!
Hugs LLJ 9 xx

Anne said...

Hello Annie. The frogs are fabulous. Love the photo of your grandson and the puppet is super. Take care. Anne x 13

Tracy said...

You're buzzing 💕with excitement and joy shines through every word Annie ⭐️ I think Harry ⭐️ was nudging, guiding you with those frogs , each one precious and so very special 💛 I got a shiver reading about it 🙏 you are a treasure ⭐️
To your cherished bears, how loved they are going to be and such a comfort 💕 Sam yooou are a 🤸fabuuulous⭐️ puppet creator 🐕 gorgeous photo!
Wishing you so much joy in the week ahead 💕 much love and hugs Tracy #12 xxx

Christine said...

What super frogs!! Just asking to be cuddled. Congrats on a super job.
Well done to Sam as well, not that the dog looks impressed!! lol

Take care and have an enjoyable week
Christine #18

Crafting With Jack said...

This frogs will bring a smile wherever they go. Well done to Sam, it’s a great puppet. Not long to go now for your retirement- then you will be busier than ever! Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great back story about the frog, Yours are adorable and a bit quirky. Love that they are made for children with cancer. WOW. Sam did a great job with is Dalmatian puppet. LAST zips ever. I bet you are delighted to be able to say that. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

BJ said...

Oh wow those frogs are brilliant and what an amazing thing for the charity. You still seem to be busy, and I've actually managed to locate my son's old school uniform for a memory bear (or two). I really must give you a call soon....Hugs BJ#1

Neet said...

What a lot of lovely curls Sam has. Not just a clever stitcher but also a good looking young man.
Love the idea of the frogs, great to make them for that use.
Hugs, Neet 16 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

What superb frogs you’ve made! They’ll be much loved, as will your memory bears.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 17 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

SUch fabulous projects Annie - love the little frogs and Sam's puppet is awesome. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Lindart said...

Those frogs are ADORABLE!!! The Universe heard you and sent you to the right place! Those memory bears, wow, both parents in one year, heartbreaking. Have a great week, Lindart #20

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I am so sorry Annie, some how I missed you on Wednesdsay though I did have distractions. Those frogs are gorgeous and the children that receive them are going to love them, what a wonderful idea. Love the new puppet too, clever boy. happy belated woyww, Angela x14x

rose said...

Love that box or frogs!

Susan Renshaw said...

Always love to call on your page - beautiful things to see! Love the frogs!
A bit late but Happy WOYWW! Susan #7