Wednesday 27 September 2023

WOYWW...

 What's on my desk today?...in truth not a lot because although we planned last weekend away on our favourite campsite near Llanidloes things all went to pot when I developed Shingles and we had to come home early :-(   Since then I have had to turn down sewing and have been struggling to sleep because of the pain from a swollen gland in the back of my head...the shingles is behind my left ear.  I'm hoping that, because I recognised it from having it once before many years ago, and acting quickly to get to a Dr to have anti viral meds that they will help....please keep everything crossed for me.


I have updated my Memory bear folder with the photos of my latest bears and this brings my number up to 721 now made...and that has made me smile to think that there are so many little bears giving love and comfort all around the world....I have pending orders for another 20 plus too :-)

This is a rather staged photo of my desk because I am not feeling like doing much of anything at the mo.

I had to buy two new balls of chunky wool while we were away for a little C project but have done very little as yet.

The book is the one I picked up at the coffee morning in aid of Breast cancer and it's a good read...especially in the middle of the night to take you mind off pain while you cant sleep.



Sorry there's nothing very interesting to see today...hopefully by next week things will be different.  Thanks for calling in.  I will do my best to pop over to see your desks at some point today.

Hugs,

Annie x

15 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh Annie I do hope the anti virals work and you can sleep better soon. What an amazing collection of memory bears in your folder! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

Hope the meds work soon, and you get rid of the shingles. sounds very painful. The memory bear log is fab - what an achievement! Happy WOYWW Helen #5

Twiglet said...

It was a great idea to take a pic of each bear. It's like a catalogue. Get well soon. x x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m so sorry to hear that you have shingles Annie, I’ve heard it’s so painful, hopefully the early meds will kick in and help. It’s a shame that you had to return early from your trip away and turn down sewing but you need to put yourself first and get better soon. Sending hugs xxx. Great idea to keep a bear scrapbook otherwise you’d forget some cos you’ve made so many!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Marit said...

O Annie, so sorry to hear you're in pain. Shingles is such a nasty thing to have... hope you recover soon! I'm in ooh and awe over your bears and wow, so many? That's wonderful! Big hug from the Netherlands dear, Marit #17

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I didn't know there was an antiviral for shingles. From what I understand, it can be very, very painful. Sorry it ruined your plans last weekend.

Seems everyone is reading Osman. My library has them, but they are always out when I try to check them out.

How wonderful to have a folder of all the bears you have made. What a great idea to remember and a great way to see all you have accomplished. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

Christine said...

Oh! Annie, so sorry to hear of your shingles, hope the anti virals work quickly . . so, so painful.
Take care and rest, rest and hydrate
Love
Christine #20

Crafting With Jack said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear you have Shingles, I have heard it can be incredibly painful and I hope you will feel better soon. Well done for posting when you are feeling so poorly. Love and hugs from Angela #2

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Oh no, the dreaded shingles! Poor you! Hope you get better soon, Annie! I can't believe you've made over 700 bears! Changing the world one bear at a time! That could be your slogan! Nice catching up with you - take it easy for the next few weeks! xx zsuzsa #22

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh Annie, so sorry to hear you're not feeling well there's been loads of mention recently on the TV about shingles. Hope it clears up quickly. I started off okay this morning and then went in the garden and before you know it the time has gone to late afternoon but got a few things done. We got caught out last year by not getting started early enough. Who would have a big garden! Loving the bear journal, great idea but you must rest now, the sewing will have to wait. Sending gentle woyww hugs, Angela x14x

Lynnecrafts said...

I’m so sorry to read you have shingles, Annie, and hope your early response means you’ll get better soon.
721 memory bears is an amazing amount of care and cuddles you’re sharing.
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

THANKS for your visit. Doesn't time just fly by? In 2 weeks if weather cooperates I should be back to a normal life !!! He'll finish corn harvest later today then WARM UP will be here and on to bean crops. Late hours suppers from crock pots, phone ringing means time to move to another location !!! Love that red color of yarn and great photos of all those bears. It's a thing now here in the States and also the shirt pillows. Have a great weekend

My name is Cindy said...

Oh Annie I am so sorry to hear this, Shingles can be very nasty. Hopefully you are right and your quick action will reduce its impact. You should be so proud of all those teddies. What a wonderful thing/ Hope you feel better soon, love n hugs, Cindy xx #21

Neet said...

Sorry to hear you have been ill. I hope that Richard Osman's book has kept you resting as that is what you need to be doing.
Take care, Hugs, Neet 8 xx

BJ said...

Totally determined to get round everyone's desks this week. I ended up with the first part of a root canal procedure yesterday and a blood test today, I'm a bit zonked out as a result...Really hoping the anti viral meds did the trick for you and the shingles has been kept at bay. WOW so many memory bears, I have laundered the school clothes but not got around to packing and posting yet, so there will a couple more to add to the list soon. I have been intrigued by Richard Osman's books but never actually finish reading books these day so try to avoid buying any. Anyway hope you are feeling a bit better now. Hugs BJ#1