Wednesday 6 September 2023

WOYWW...

What a difference a week makes eh? From slow slow slow with work I'm now running at full speed plus we are back with Grandparent duties.  We have Louie all day on Wednesdays now and then we have Louie and Theo on either a Tuesday or Thursday each week...this means getting up at silly o'clock and travelling 20 minutes, taking Theo to school, bringing Louie back to ours [in case I have any customers], then fetching Theo from school, bringing him back to ours for tea and then bath and into PJs ready to go home when mummy finishes her very long day at school.....a long but very rewarding day filled with laughter and the making of lots of memories.

 So today is a Louie day but my 'to do' rail is heaving with work ...and it probably wont get done until tomorrow :-) :-)

What have I got to show you today?....


The first strip quilt I made and showed you last week has already gone to raise money with a rag doll, 2 patchwork cushions and a covered tissue box for a breast cancer charity.

This is my helper on his knees helping me put the backing on the next strip quilt......





....and here it is completed.

I've really enjoyed making these and have more strips already cut from the donated fabrics to make another one but it will have to wait until I clear my workload....and that will probably be started tomorrow unless Louie has a nap today and gives me a few minutes.  :-)




I made this Memory bear for a returning customer [and I love it when they love what I do so much that they come back for more]. He's in memory of a grandad using his dressing gown and his favourite blue tie.


I also made these two in memory of a man who used to work with my dad...and it always makes them more special when I know the person concerned.

They are made for the gentleman's wife and daughter using his favourite shirts....each one has a little pocket on the front because the man always loved a shirt pocket and the blue ribbon is in the colour of his football team.




That's all from me for this week...there may be a little delay in getting to see what you've been up to but I will do my best to pop over when I get a minute.

Hugs,

 Annie x

14 comments:

Helen said...

your grandparent duties will be such fun! I am sure they will feature on Fridays. Love the strip quilt. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Anne said...

Super quilt and bears. Special days looking after the grandchildren. Ours now so grown up. Have fun.. Anne x

Twiglet said...

Have a lovely day with the little one, he will keep you on your toes! I love the quilt - a perfect way to use all those scraps. I might even try to make a mini version using some of my scraps. 🌈 x x Jo

Christine said...

Super day ahead, it might be waring but oh! so much fun which soon passes.
Love that your helper is on his knees . . . more dedication and prayer?!?!?
Take care
Christine #16

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How fun to have both boys for at least part of the day. You definitely have a load on your plate this week. I'm sure we'll see the boys on Friday Smiles, too. I love the bear with the tie. It is adorable. Of course, I think your helper is wonderful and works so hard and tirelessly for you. That is going to be another great charity quilt, dear Annie. Happy WOYWW from # 5.

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you've had a lovely day on grandparent duty Annie. Love the latest bears. Keep practising cats I will have 9 for you to make when the dust settles. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Can I borrow Doddy to do my backing as well please?! The quilts are looking fab, I’m so glad you’re enjoying doing them, I really love playing with the colours!
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, you're not the only one late today, had to stop earlier as I had a migraine coming on but it's cleared now so catching up. Love the new teddies, no rest for the Grandparents I think! Loving the quilts too. Sending happy woyww wishes, Angela x15x

Lynnecrafts said...

How lovely to have an assistant! Lovely quilt and bears, Annie. Enjoy your time with the grandkids
Take care and have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 2 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

How lovely to have a helper! I hope you have fun with your grandchildren . Lovely quilt and bears. Angela #3

Kelly said...

Good morning!
Ohhh I do miss my grands being younger. You enjoy those moments with the kiddos. Your bears are lovely as always. So precious. Love the helper! The quilt turned out fab. Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #19

Neet said...

Could not get the internet back at the caravan - so am late, sorry.
Loved seeing your little helper on his knees.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Annie!! After looking at your back to school photos I'm realising what a novice I am at this granny game!! The quilt turned out just gorgeous and great to hear you are busy, busy, busy again! Hope you have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #17

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I love quilts, and your's is just lovely!