Friday 15 September 2023

This week's smiles...week 530

 We are here again at Friday's round up of the things that have made us smile.  I'm sure that sharing smiles makes the world a better place so feel free to share your smiles by linking up at the bottom of the page.  I have had lots to smile about so will share a few pics with you...


Last Friday was Louie's first day at nursery school and the pics on the right are the things his daddy was given as he dropped him off...what a lovely thing to do eh?...if you click on the pic you should be able to enlarge it so you can read the poem.

I should say Louie had a lovely day.




We have had two lovely days looking after the boys again this week although both have nasty coughs.

I love these photos.  Louie loves to copy Theo and is growing up so quickly.



I'm sure you will wonder what this photo is of and why it makes me smile...This is the LAST bin sack full of factory trousers that I will be replacing the zips in [and that def made me smile] .  After a day of looking after Louie on Wednesday my darling hubby helped me take all 40 old zips out ready to put the new ones in....we finished just in time to go to bed :-)








Of course I had to find some funnies to share with you...I hope something here makes you smile.

Hugs,

Annie x





8 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Awwww, that poem is so cute!!! (as Louie).
Yes. They grow up too quickly (and puberty stays forever! ;-)...)
I must admit I have no idea what they do in Germany with factory trousers. But yippeeee for a (happy) ending.
Ha, yes. And this is where I got my name from, btw. A friend said I can be thankful my Dad was an optometrist and not a heart surgeon - other my name would not be Iris but Aorta!
Why do pets join on the toilet/bathroom???
Anyways: To a happy Friday and loads of smiles!

Twiglet said...

Loved the funnies. The pics of the boys are lovely . x x Jo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Somehow I misread that poem at first. My brain must have been dyslectic. I somehow read that Louie's dad sent that to the teacher. DUH!!! Let's hope this isn't permanent (grin). Both boys look like they are having fun at your place and I hope you don't get their cough.

Personally, that is one thankless job and I KNOW you are jumping for joy that this is the last time ever you have to repair and replace zippers. BTW, there is some amazing zipper art out there that will boggle your mind.

Had to laugh at the dog and the cat and their pooping habits. Have an awesome rest of Friday and a fabulous weekend, dear. Just 37 more days, but who's counting?

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

What a lovely gift to give to the parents, so sweet and lovely poem too. I actually thought you'd already finished with the trousers but obviously you will be pleased this is the last lot, what a job but guess it pays well. Loving the funnies, who ever writes these know dogs. Have a good weekend. Hugs, Angela xxx

Catriona said...

What lovely photos-I actually thought Louie was Theo! Sorry to hear they have coughs-typical back to school mixing of germs.

mamapez5 said...

The 'welcome pack' for the parents is a nice idea. Some folk find it really hard to leave their little ones for the first tiem. But Theo is an independent little fellow like our Aisling who loves her nursery, so I am sure he will be fine.
I thought you did your last lot of factory trousers a while ago. I would not relish putting all those zips in. At least you had some help with removing the old ones. I hope you soon have them done so you can get back to some more pleasant tasks. Kate x

Lisca said...

What a lovely welcome gift. The poem is so sweet.
And hip hip hurrah for the last of the zips!
I’m sorry the boys have the sniffles but that’s to be expected.
I’ve not written a blog today as I’m traveling. My Dutch friend is giving me a lift in her camper van as she is on her way to Portugal to play her yearly bridge drives. For some reason I couldn’t get internet in France but we’ve just passed the border into northern Spain heading for Barcelona, so I’ll be home this weekend.
Hugs
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

I've replaced my own zips in coats and in chair covers. It's not easy, good job and so fast! Glad the factory didn't throw the pants away, they look very serviceable still.
LeeAnna and Milo