Friday 1 September 2023

This week's smiles....week 528

 What a lovely week it's been here at Sewing by Annie's....mainly because I haven't been here most of it :-)

We left last Friday morning so for those that linked up early I was able to pay them a quick visit before we left but the others sadly didn't get a comment from me because where we went to had a really poor internet signal....but it was really lovely.

We booked in for 4 nights at The Three Castles campsite near Monmouth...it was a tiny site with only 12 pitches but the facilities were one of the best we have ever had to use....it was a communal block with 4 wet rooms and was spotless.  

On the sunday morning we had a visit from...








...a large group of TVR cars at the field by the campsite plus a cooked breakfast to raise money for a local Farmers Minds charity....a great time was had by all.





We went for a ride to Abergavenney to look at their local market and as we approached it from the car park we came across this treasure........I have been ordering zips etc from them for years for my sewing business but didn't realise they had a shop in Abergavenney so it was a really lovely surprise.  I went in and introduced myself and was greeted like a long lost friend....so special.



We took another ride out to Upton Bishop.  This was the little church where my Mum and Dad got married and is really beautiful....I could just imagine Mum walking up the aisle in her powder blue dress :-)




While we were away Gina took the boys with a group of friends to our local sunflower fields...what gorgeous photos :-)


Of course it wouldn't be Friday without a few funnies...I hope these make you smile.

Please leave me a little message so I know you've called in and I will do my best to pop over to yours to see what you've been up to.

Have a great week.

Hugs,

Annie x

5 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Nice surprise-meeting and lovely with the sewing-shop!
Happy sunflower-pics.
Yes, who knows,maybe dogs teach people more than people think.
Have a happy Friday!

Twiglet said...

That sounds like a great trip away - good chill out time. The boys/sunflower pics are gorgeous . x x Jo

Catriona said...

Glad you had a lovely trip away. The photos are great and Theo looks so tall in the one behind Louie. Happy weekend. Catriona

LA Paylor said...

nice sunflower shots, and I want to wander that craft shop with you
LeeAnna

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

We're back! Lots to show you but it will have to be for next week but I have put some photos from the Steampunk Festival that took place on the Bank Holiday. Pleased you had a good time away and loving the funnies. No wonder the Craft shop were so nice to you they know what a good customer you are. Wishing you a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx