Friday 29 September 2023

This week's smiles....week 532

 Hello all.  This week's smiles have taken some searching to find.  

If you called by on Wednesday you will have seen that our weekend away had to be cut short with me coming down with shingles :-(  It's behind my left ear and I've had a very painful gland up on the back of my head...I guess it's my body dealing with the virus.  I had shingles many years ago in my right ear so recognised the symptoms straight away and managed to get to a Dr and have antiviral meds which I'm sure have helped....The little blisters that I could feel under the skin havent come out and the gland is getting smaller thankfully.  I will say that the worse has been trying to sleep with the pain so I'm feeling pretty shattered.

I have turned down all my customers until next week, when I hope to feel rather better, and we have only had one day of Grandparent duties...


These photos were taken yesterday.  It was Louie's first time playing with the brio train track and we all had a good giggle at him launching the trains off the bridge.

He usually likes to nap snuggled on one of us but at nursery on a Friday they are trying to get him to have his nap on a mattress like the other children so, as he had fallen asleep on his way back to ours after we'd dropped Theo off at school, we lifted him out and managed to get him to finish his nap on our settee....doesn't he look cute?


He insisted on hoovering up the crumbs from under the table with the hand held hoover.....of course we encourage him to earn his keep :-)



I did manage to snap a couple of photos while we were away.  The Red Lion is the pub in Llanidloes and it was the first time I noticed just how scary the lions face was ....it made me chuckle.

The bottom pic is Milly sleeping off one of her walks....she really loves life in the caravan, as do we, and it was our favourite campsite so we were all disapointed to have to come home early.







Of course it wouldn't be Friday without a few funnies...they made me chuckle so hope they at least made you smile.

Hugs,

Annie x



8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like no linky again this week:

https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2023/09/friday-smiles-532-mostly-autumn-art.html

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Louie is a doll. Great that he earns his keep. That's a wise idea to get him to sleep on a mat. I have a friend who was so possessive of her son, he slept in her arms until he was almost three. They both had to be weaned off each other.

Loved the Bangkok and the masked singer. Have a great weekend, Annie. I sure hope the antivirals work. I wonder why people with shingles in the states don't have that option.



Twiglet said...

Oh my favourite is the masked singer! Great pics. Little L is so gorgeous. x x Jo

Iris Flavia said...

Hope you are better soon! At least cute Louie made up for the miserable times!
Haha, guess what my Singer gets on!!!! To smiles and laughs.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, pleased you're resting up customers will have to wait. Seeing Louie cleaning up made me smile. Hope he continues to do that as it's a shame more men weren't taught early enough Lol! Loving the funnies but the Masked singer has to be the best. Have a restful weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

So sorry your weekend away had to be cut short. I know haw painful shingles can be as my mum had it and so did one of my sons when he was still at primary school!
It is cute to see Louie wielding that hoover. At least he is learning to clean up his own mess.
Like everyone else, I thought the masked singer was by far the best funny,
Hope you are well enough to get back to your customers by next week. Kate x

Lisca said...

I do hope you are feeling better. You did catch it early and that should make a difference. But a shame your weekend away had to be cut short.
Louie is such a dear, and he’s growing so fast. I remember Theo when he was that small, and look at him now!
Love the funnies, especially the masked singer.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

oooo drinks in a fun old building, and masked singer! Millie, Milo is washed out after walks too. He's into them til we hit the front door, then, crash
LeeAnna