It's been yet another eventful week here for us. We have......
- Had M in and out of hospital again with contractions. These little twins seem very keen to make an appearance. [All is ok at the mo thankfully and the twins have hung on in there for another week....just another two or three would be lovely so please keep everything crossed for her].
- Been to my hubby's sister's 60th Birthday and had a really special family time catching up on everyone's news.
- Made another 10 little dresses [so far!] bringing my total now to 60.
- Have had a huge order for curtains and cushions [hence only 10 dresses being made!]
- Spent the biggest part of Funday Monday cutting and sewing that huge mountain of curtains!
- And of course I've cooked, cleaned, knitted,and done all the other jobs that needed to be done
On my desk / ironing board today is.....
.....yes! b****** curtains.
There is a huge door curtain that has had to be made with 3 pieces of fabric that have all had to be pattern matched carefully! There are also a pair of curtains for a window but that too has had to be made from a width and a half of fabric so again the pattern has had to be matched! All the curtains now have to be hemmed, lined [don't forget the lining has had to be measured and joined too!] and header tape sewn on! There is also 8 x 20" squares of fabric cut out ready to be made into 4 zipped cushion covers to match the curtains........Can you tell just how much I enjoy making curtains?
On Monday afternoon we also managed to cut out another batch of little dresses from some of the gorgeous fabrics we have been given this week. They are all bagged up ready into little dress packs so these will be the dresses that will be appearing on my blog over the next week or so. Please pop over to Louise's blog over at Sew Scrumptious and check out the lines full of little dresses she featured this week. :-)
This is my rail of little dresses so far this week. I just love to see the different colours....every one is different. Yet again I would like to say a huge thank you to all who have supported the great cause so far and have sent us such lovely fabrics to work with....You know who you are :-)
That's about all from me for this week. As you will guess I will be head down making b***** curtains today but will try to pop in on as many of you wonderful WOYWWers as I can. Hope you will all leave me a message before you pop over to visit Julia and I hope each and every one of you will have a great week.