Wednesday 4 October 2023

WOYWW....

What a difference a week makes.  I took all of last week off from sewing to fully recover from the shingles and thankfully the antiviral meds did the trick.
This week all I can say is customers have come out of the woodwork....I have lots to share so will quickly go through it all in pics....





The only thing I made while unwell was some Christmas gonks....one each will probably go to the grandchildren and the rest will sell for charity....I've sold one aready :-)






I had a customer wanting an advent calendar so Monday morning I got out the ones I had already made and made this extra one...






....which she bought straight away and bought one of the Christmas gonks to go with it   :-)





These are Christmas panels that came with the donated fabrics so I pressed them all ready to use but they are now lying in my projects to do basket because the customers started flooding through my door. :-)







I've made a start with the body of a Christmas elf that will be use to raise funds for the Harry Johnson Trust





I've had two Autumn bridesmaid's dresses to do fittings on...the navy one arrived yesterday and is needed by the weekend!!

On Monday I had a lovely new customer who had recently lost her husband and wants 6 memory bears making from his favourite clothes and yesterday I made a good start at making them....they wont get finished today though as it's a Nanny Annie fun day :-)


Before the end of the day yesterday I had a parcel from the Wirral with school uniforms in wanting 3 memory bears making.... and there is another parcel winging it's way from a special customer that wants 2 bears making... it's all go :-)

....and all this has been done since Monday!!!


As you can see, I'm in demand so visiting desks may be a little delayed but I will do my best to nip round as many as I can.
Hugs,
Annie x


15 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, what a busy week - glad you have recovered from shingles so you can crack on with the jobs! the advent calendars are really beautiful Happy WOYWW Helen #?

BJ said...

Oh my goodness, busses comes to mind. Also looks like your other school uniform is yellow and black like mine. Honestly I'm not looking for mine done till Christmas so no hurry. Saw some Christmas gonks in the shop yesterday, looks like they will be all the rage again this year. Hugs BJ#?

Sarah Brennan said...

A busy week indeed Annie - glad the anti virals did the trick. Love the latest Christmas goodies. Stay safe and Happy WoYWW. Sarah #?

Twiglet said...

Wonder woman! Now I can't stop thinking of you spinning round in Lycra and satin knickers! Lol. Enjoy Nanny duties. x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I understand that you want to catch up but do be carful not to overdo it. Have a lovely week and a happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x1x

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh Annie, poor you, shingles is vile and I M so glad to read that you've had time off to recover. Not surprised that you werent up to much more than the gonks though, it really drains you doesn't it. I hope knowing that all these customers were patiently waiting for you to get better is reassuring rather than a pressure!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Glad your are feeling much better, What a great array of fun projects and photos. Good management skills !! Love that Christmas Advent Calendar such great colors. Have a fantastic weekend.

Lynnecrafts said...

What a busy time, Annie. Our local mender always says alterations take a week, minimum. Your advent calendars are always great.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 15 xxx

Tracy said...

I'm catching up Annie, sorry to hear you had shingles last week, thankful to hear the week on virals has made a difference 🙏 long may it continue! I loved seeing your catalogue of bears 🐻 Tooo this week, my oh my you've been busy 🤸 from your festive gonks... tooo advent calendars tooo a christmas 🎄 elf ... tooo bridesmaid dresses and memory bears 🥰⭐️💕tooo parcels arriving ... you are AMAZING 🦸‍♀️and not surprised you are in demand. You take care,love and hugs Tracy #12 xxxxx

Christine said...

Oh My Goodness! hope that you have recovered your strength enough to cope with all that work! Good to know that your work is so appreciated though.
Enjoy your week
Christine #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m really glad you’re better Annie - just as well seeing how busy you’ve been this week! The Christmas panels from the donated fabric is lovely, I’m sure you’ll find a good use for it and the Gonks are great fun too!!
HUgs LLJ 10 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Glad you are recovered - just in time by the looks of it! Lovely calenders, I'm not surprised she bought that straight away. Have a good week, love n hugs, Cindy xx #14

Crafting With Jack said...

So happy you are feeling better -not regarding your workload though! I love seeing the Christmas things start to come out. Take care Angela #9

Lindart said...

Wow!!! I'm soo glad you have recovered from Shingles, I have heard that it is a terrible thing to have. I can't imagine having all those projects coming in over one week - you will surely be very busy! Have a great week, Lindart #19

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

SO glad you are feeling better. And you came back with a vengeance. Sorry for showing my ignorance, but what is a "gonk?"

You are certainly preparing for Christmas. Some of that fabric is very, very beautiful. Happy WOYWW from # 4.