Wednesday 21 March 2012

WOYWW....

Another fab week with lots of wonderful family times for me and today I will be AWOL from leaving comments because I have two special little friends arriving here at 7 this morning and staying til about 6 tonight.  Michelle is having phased days back to work before she starts back part time in June and today is a day with Nanny Annie for the twins.  If I haven't lost the knack then I might get them both down for naps at the same time and manage to drop in on a few of you but if my plan goes feet up then I will try to call in on you tomorrow......no apologies made cos I shall be treasuring every moment of today  :-)  :-)  :-)

So what pics have I got to share with you today?

The wonderful parcel of fabric that Di sent Jo and I this week for making more little dresses for the Dress a girl scheme.  We are having a little break from dress making as most of you will know because between us we have now made 401 dresses but we promise this fabric will be used to make more when we have time....Thanks Di x



A 'to do' rail full of trousers to shorten.



This is what I had Jo doing while she was here Monday....Grovelling at my feet!!!!....just where I like her  :-)
She is cutting the linings for the next double width pair of curtains we have to tackle.  I couldn't do curtains without her as I am unable to kneel on the floor with my replacement knee and we make a brilliant team....Thanks Jo you're a gem. x



Said curtains that just need finishing.  I'm sure they will look lovely when finished but as you can see they have a quilted effect with stitching and don't lie nice and flat for hems and seams so are a real pain for making.  :-( .....I hate b***** curtains. [have I ever said that before?]


These two pics are just to share with you the beautiful Azalea and bouquet of flowers that I was given over the weekend for Mother's day.....they are far too pretty to keep them all to myself.  I was treated to lunch on Saturday buy my son, Mark and his girlfriend, Gina....we were joined by her parents, her brother and Nan and Michelle, Brent and the twins.  What a special gathering of lovely people....Thanks so much. x

Sunday we were invited to Michelle and Brent's for lunch.  Michelle did savouries and Amy joined us with her three and she brought cakes and sweets.  They make a fab team and it meant I could have quality time with all 5 of our gorgeous Grandchildren ......what more could a Mummy ask for?  :-)
Thank you so much to all for making my weekend really special.






Now folks, please leave me a little hello comment before you pop over to Julia's blog to join in the WOYWW fun.  I hope you all have a wonderfully creative week.
Hugs,
Annie x

38 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Annie :0)
Have a lovely day with the babies.
Kate x

ScrappnBee said...

I would definately opt for a nap if you get the wee ones down. Enjoy them...but not too much with that knee! Congrats on the lovely flowers! (you trained them well!) Have a great day with the grand babies (they are looking SO cute BTW!) -Amanda 57

Julia Dunnit said...

Beautiful flowers Annie, what a wealth of love. I also love the curtains, but as an amateur by comparison, I understand how hard they would be...not sure I'd attempt them..probably take them to er, you!!
I posted your badges to Jo, I think in the batch that seem to be arriving just now, so hang in there!

okienurse said...

great post Annie. I don't blame you not posting cause I would spend the time with the grand-babies too. Love the bouquets! Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #48

Twiglet said...

Have a great day - you know where I am if you need to call in the reserves!! x Jo

Helen said...

I am sure you won't have lost your knack... You and Jo do make a good team - curtains, 401 dresses - you name it!! Have a great day - and I am sure you will get some lovely pictures for us all to see later on..
Helen, 21 (if you get there!)

sandra de said...

I had to look twice the flowers are so perfect I didn't think they were real. Good to have someone at your feet doing exactly what you ask. Never happens at my place!

Neet said...

Lovely flowers and lovely fabric you had sent for the dresses. Good luck with the curtains.
Glad you got the babies down - now feet up for a fiver.
Hugs, Neet xx

SophieNewton said...

That's a lot of trousers!! The flowers are beautiful x
Sophie no.88

Clare with paint in her hair said...

ahem want to send me some of your sewing prowess so I can create my new bellydance costume? I could do with a few extra hands!

Artyjen said...

Have a great day ;)
xoxo Sioux

May said...

Have a super day with the babies!! Big Hugs May x x xNo9

Hettie said...

Well done you with getting them both down together and thanks for the visit!
Very pretty flowers you have and you are a very special lady so you deserve them!
Hugs
xxx

donnalouiserodgers said...

you haven't lost your touch,

nanny annie

dx @ 74

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hey there - I've spent all morning cuddling a four day old little girl whose Mummy and Daddy are in the brass band! Blimey, takes me back - can it really be 15 years since I last held G3 in my arms like that?? I enjoyed the cuddles. Hope you have a fab day too with your treasures :)
Hugs, LLJ #68 xx

Di said...

Fab photos Annie - I couldn't get down on the floor either, or if I did I coulnd't get up at least :)

What brilliant flowers - and such a lovely day you had. Well deserved!!

Ha, ha - my to do rail of trousers is done! Only so I could get back into the craft room :) Shame we don't live nearer though.

Happy WOYWW!

Di
xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi lovely Annie!

Shhh, are the little ones still sleeping? Probably not, but wasn't it nice!!

Your flowers for Mother's Day are lovely. I do love azaelas.

I have a knee replacement too - and the first time I kneeled on it I just about fainted. I guess I didn't realize it would hurt!

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Hugs,
Kay
#15 (you've already visited - thank you!)

Jingle said...

Oh, such beautiful flowers! And so glad to hear you work well together as a team! That's so important!

lisa said...

Glad you managed to get the babies down for their Nap, Annie!!!
I see curtains are on the agenda again, bet that makes you happy.
What stunning flowers you lucky lady, thanks so much for sharing them.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #123

Unknown said...

Hi, I love the fabric and the card on your desk today. Rach xxxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What pretty, pretty flower bouquets. Have a lovely day with the kiddos. Thanks for squeaking a card in there for us to peer at. You have a lot of stuff to keep you busy. Great to have a designated kneeler! Happy WOYWW Judy #134

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab pics, lovely flowers. Thanks for sharing for this WOYWW, I'm nosing my way through the list! Take care Zo xx 22

Kate said...

It's been a beautiful day, I hope you manages to get out into the garden with those 2 little ones.

** Kate **

Peggy Cain said...

Wednesday’s sure do come around quick! Trying again to make “All” the rounds. Man there is a lot going on there!Thanks for sharing Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

It's not a phrase I use much but I think you're truly blessed with your wonderful family. What a lovely weekend you had.

Hugs
Brenda

Lisa-Jane said...

Well I know from other comments that you got both babies down at the same time - well done you! Little people are fun but very exhausting and you are rightly deserving of such lovely flowers. #77

Tracy said...

Enjoy those babies! The flowers are lovely!! Happy WOYWW, Tracy #34

Anne said...

Hope you've had a lovely day with the little ones, it's such a joy spending time with them isn't it. I hate turning up trousers!! Don't do a lot of sewing these days though. Happy WOYWW. Anne x

famfa said...

Gorgeous flowers. How lovely. 401 dresses. I hope you gave yourself a good pat on the back . Well done x

trisha too said...

Wow, you are busy lady--thank you for posting the flowers, what a pretty treat!

:)trisha
#163

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

At first I was having a terrible time leaving comments on blogs last night. They didn't want to post. NOW I get "service unavailable when I try to leave a comment. It's really frustrating. I see others having trouble with MY link, too.

Your flowers are divine. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift. Happy WOYWW from # 7.

Emma Breadstill said...

Hope you had a lovely day with the babies and lots of cuddles. And hope you're not too tired today! Lots of love xxx

Ann B said...

I'm a bit late this week - only got to the mid-50s yesterday and doing my best to catch up.

Beautiful flowers and what a lovely weekend you have had - aren't Grandchildren the best ever?

Ann B
#56

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Great flowers..I peeped about and the wedding veil is beautiful. You must have the patience of Jobb. And it's fun to have a great sister too!! Happy WOYWW hoping to catch up soon.

Rita said...

What gorgeous babies Annie. Time goes past so quickly and you don't get second chances while children grow up either. You enjoy your time with them as long as you can. Hugs Rita xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Annie

wow - can't believe how quickly those gorgeous twins are growing. It's brilliant that Michelle is starting to go back to work and Nannie Annie is having the twins. What lucky twins they are...

Lovely flowers there - and mothers Day sounds like the perfect day for you. It was K's birthday on Mothers Day this year so busy here...

Good on you for tackling the curtains (your nemisis) - at least you give them ago and faced them head on with Jo.

Happy WOYWW = even though its Sunday Night.

Big hugs and Lotsa love

Paula x x x

Neesie said...

Phewph... apologies for visiting so late but I'm new to WOYWW and its quite a task to get to visit everyone.
I have all my family in Cheshire, whilst I'm 12,000 miles away, so I'll have to read more of your blog as I know I'm going to love it.
Congrats on such little cuties!

Thanks for letting me take a peek :D
Neesie #37

Unknown said...

Morning Annie, loving the flowers! Enjoy your time with the twins, looks like you've been very crafty the rest of the time! Rach #101 xxx