What a gorgeous weekend it's been. We seem to have fitted so much into our two days off...
- Shopping...supermarket and even popped into town to have a browse
- Rounding up of an escaped herd of sheep in our neighbours garden....at least 6 mum's each with a set of twin lambs....mayhem!!
- Care home visiting...our dear old friend B hasn't been too well
- Finished knitting Sam's waistcoat and started knitting a cream hooded jacket for a friend's expected first Grandbaby.
- Dropped in to see M,B and the twins to deliver Sam's waistcoat and their new high chair pads.....they are so tiny that they needed a 1" foam pad under them and at their backs so who better to design and make them some [of course I had to make 4 so they could have some here and some at home :-) ]
- Time in the garden to mow lawns, rotavate veg garden to get it ready for planting and just generally sit and enjoy the sunshine and the birds. We could hear Chiff chaffs and sat watching 3 Buzzards and a Red Kite soaring overhead to name but a few.
Beautiful cultivated primroses now in full bloom
Wild primroses down on our 'back to nature' bit at the bottom of our garden and our gorgeous flowering cherry coming out into bloom with a stunning blue sky behind it.
The gardener at work! That's my darling hubby tilling the soil [you didn't seriously think I'd been rotavating did you? :-) ]. He's waited til the garden was in the shade of the trees cos the sun was really hot yesterday afternoon. What a fab spell of weather we are having.