Wednesday, 2 September 2026

WOYWW...Number 900!!

Hello all.  We are celebrating the 900th Anniversary of WOYWW, a brainchild of Julia's.  I joined in on 3rd September 2009 so have been going for quite a while and have seen so many different folk joining in the fun over that time. Sarah over at Sarah's Craft Shed took over the running of our group from Julia and it's wonderful to join in the fun each week.  Sarah suggested we shared one of our blogs with 00 at the end so I have been looking back over the years.  I'm not certain of the number as I never number mine but it seemed around the right time and look what it is.....



Wednesday, 10 August 2016

WOYWW.....


So on my desk this week is....


Curtains, curtains and more curtains......talk about a labour of love eh?  :-)



I've also shortened some really pretty window blinds to make them more just window dressing......rather more tricky than planned too cos the main fabric pulled out of shape while trimming the bottom [cut into a 'v' shape] and both blinds [yes there are two little windows] had to be done twice!!  I'm rather chuffed with the finished result though and now just hope they look as pretty as we hoped when up at the windows.

 This is the other project I've been working on this week. It was something I had in mind to do at some point but a friend gave me a shove in the right direction and this week has seen me designing the pattern for a Memory bear and making a few prototypes to get the pattern how I wanted it.  Plus I have designed a label for those wanting special details on the bear.

The idea is to use special fabrics to make them out of to keep memories together...
  • A first babygro
  • A special outfit from a toddler
  • A junior school uniform when the child moves on to big school
  • A special family member's clothing when they die

....in fact any clothing can be used [up to 4 different garments] to keep a memory safe.  I have put the pics in my Sewing by Annie Facebook site and have already got orders for 6 so they are proving very popular.  :-)

There you go....that's all from me for this week.  If you'd like to leave me a little message I will do my best to pay you a return visit as soon as I'm able.  Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x
                                                                                                                                                                   

It's my first Memory bear I made!! and so much has happened since then. 
On my desk this week was....




These were the rainbow of favourite silk ties [opened out and ready to use] belonging to the husband of one of my customers. She wanted them made into two Memory bears for her Grandchildren.


.....and this was the result.  They were really lovely to make being in silk and are so bright and colourful.
These bring the number of bears I've made up to 1015!!!! now.  What a lot has happened since August 2016 eh?
Each little bear I've made has had his photo taken and they are all put together in my Bear file :-)



So.that's all from me for this week.  Happy 900th Anniversary to you all and thanks for all the love and friendship over the years.
Hugs,
Annie x

17 comments:

Twiglet said...

I love that first little bear. What an achievement! Your blog looks a bit weird today. Maybe the shared post affected it. Happy 900th x x Jo 🌈

Helen said...

I wish I had been able to look back more but the wrist had other ideas. happy 900 helen#4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 900th WOYWW!! That was a great look back and even better to see the first bear, you’ve made a lot since then! I wonder how many bags of stuffing you’ve got through? Thank you for the friendship and support, long may it last - I’m really looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks’ time, yay!!
Let’s keep going until No 100 eh? I’d really miss all my lovely friends if it ever stopped….
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Hi Annie....love that photo just below this post. So great of you and hubby......#900 WOW...I really enjoyed the friendship all those years. After I remarried time was just used so differently than when I was alone...He keeps busy with farming and enjoys going places and doing things away from home. So we are on the road !!!!!! Going thru a bad storm and thankful for electricity which is very unusual..goes out for hour or so High Winds some hail and heavy rain so hoping no damages when daylight comes up 2 more hrs..it was 3 AM when I got up to post...So disappointed I cannot share photos. Don't use the blog too much and I can't locate anyone local to help get the issue fixed... Wishing You and Yours much happiness as time goes by. Thanks for the fun .

Lynnecrafts said...

How lovely to see your first memory bear, Annie. They look wonderful made from ties- congratulations on having made 1015 now!.
I love seeing your amazing sewing work and projects every week
Happy 900th WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 6 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Love that first bear - but also the newest ones! Hard to believe it's 1015! Happy 900th! Susan #14

Caro said...

Happy WOYWW 900! Love the first bear and these two made of silk ties - they are beautiful. I hope you are keeping well. With love & God Bless, Caro xx #19

ukmaryanne said...

Happy Week 900 WOYWW!
The gardener is trimming the hedges outside my window so hoping to sneak in while he has lunch. Toooo loud.
The first memory bear is adorable but I gotta say I love the ones from ties - gorgeous. Happy 900 and see you for 1000...
Mary Anne (1)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, always love your bears. 1015! that's a lot of bears for sure. Friends are very special and you all certainly are. I'm having a rest today after being out at the seaside walking the dogs yesterday so happy to be sat here visiting all my dear friends. Sending big woyww hugs, Angela x12x

Elizabeth said...

From 1 to 1015 - that is amazing! Love your bears, especially my special wee Alan and Crafty - won at the crop in Shrewsbury if I remember correctly. Yes, WOYWW has been responsible for making and meeting the loveliest of friends and long may it continue. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Ellie x #27

lisa said...

It's so lovely to catch up with you again Annie. I remember your memory bears and whenever I see them elsewhere I always think of you. Your blog was the first place I saw them. Happy 900th WOYWW
Hugs Lisa #17

craftyani said...

Happy 900th WOYWW. Bet you never realised when you made your first memory bear you would be completing over 1000 10 years later. Love reading your contributions you have a lovely family, also like your garden pictures. I try very hard with my pot plants here in SPain but with the extreme temperatures this year I have lost many of them. My amaryllis is still thriving though and the bulbs have branched of providing lots more.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Annie! It was so lovely to hear from you! Loving the bears made from those colourful ties 10 years ago! I like looking back on my blog from time to time as well, which is why I keep wanting to revive it but just difficult to find the time. Best wishes and happy #900! xx zsuzsa #23

Sue from Oregon said...

Hi Wipso! Been many years since I played but could not miss the 900th!

Marit said...

Goodmorning! It's so good to 'see' you, you are the one that is always there and I somehow just relied on that. "there will be new participants, there will be ladies absent and I'll wonder where they went but Annie will defenitely be on the list!" And yes, the bears are there too! Lovely! I am looking for 'free/spare time' to visit some blogposts all through the weekend so by the end of the week I hope to have visit all desks on the list - as an 'old woyww-participant' I just wanted to celebrate this 900th anniversary so badly and it's so lovely to 'bloghop' to the wednesday-desks again.It's good to see all the creativity that is still going on, and visit long-time-no-see desks/ladies! Congrats to you too for the 900th woyww, keep up the good spirit and have a nice weekend. Love from the Netherlands, Marit #24

Sarah Brennan said...

I tried commenting several times yesterday but my comment refused to publish. Thanks for being a part of WOYWW. Happy 900th. Sarah

My name is Cindy said...

Wow! The very first bear! And what a gorgeous one that was. History certainly ready to be made after that point!
Lovely photos with the sunflowers and the grandchildren. Have a wonderful week, love n hugs Cindyxx #21