Wednesday, 23 September 2026

WOYWW...

 Hello all.  Such a lot has happened since I was here last Wednesday.


I finished the 5 Memory bears I was making on Wednesday and the went to their new homes ...each one had a panel of the 4 favourite items of clothing that belonged to a much loved Mum and each one has a little silver charm sewn on the front from her charm bracelet....such a lovely request and they made them even more special.



Thursday Jo and I visited Jan in her holiday home and we had a lovely time together...there certainly were no awkward silences :-)



I took up some crafty bits with me and we managed a bit of crafting together...these are to raise funds for the charity we support.








Friday my darling hubby and I set off with our caravan on another adventure...this time we headed to a campsite near Lytham St Anne's.  Not a site we had been to before and it was pouring down with rain and blowing a gale when we got there so we got rather wet setting up our caravan.

Monday we visited Denise at Cabin Crafts near Blackpool.  I have 'known' Denise for years and ordered many metres of fabrics from her over the years...I even made 2000 face masks using her fabrics plus many quilts etc 

I have never met her before but she was every bit as lovely as I imagined.  She has an amazing cabin in her back garden filled with gorgeous fabrics and haberdashery and I would highly recommend her if you're looking for fabrics...some just might have dropped into my bag [it would have been rude not to].

You can find Cabin Crafts here....it's well worth a look.



That's all from me for today.  I will do my best to visit all who call by ASAP.

Hugs,

Annie x

10 comments:

Twiglet said...

Lovely happy post. Cabin crafts looks like a perfect spot for a holiday visit! See you soon.x x Jo 🌈

Helen said...

those bears are going to be much loved! great week you had, hope the rain stopped eventually..... happy woyww Helen #1

ukmaryanne said...

Happy no-knitting day WOYWW!
Oh I love the addition of the charms to the bears! I bet lots of older generations have those bracelets I can't imagine youngsters wearing them - this makes wonder use of them as a loving tribute and memory. Genius idea!
Mary Anne (3)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The charms are a lovely addition to the bears , I bet they were thrilled with them. What a lovely cabin you get your fabrics from, the lady looked lovely too, how nice to pay a personal visit to her, I bet she doesn’t get to meet many of her online customers either! I’m glad you had a good weekend despite the rain, we were so lucky with our week away. It was fab to see you and give you a hug, thanks for coming over and brining the craft stuff!!
Hugs LLJ 2 xx

Catriona said...

I never realised I could have visited Cabin Crafts in the many, many times we have stayed near St Anne’s! We usually stay at Blackpool South.Caravan and Motorhome site which is just a handy hop and skip from the M55.Catriona

Lynnecrafts said...

I love your charm-enhanced memory bears. Your week sounds like it’s been great. It’s lovely to meet someone you’ve a relationship at a distance with for so long.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 7xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, looks like you've been having a good time and loving the new bears. It's ages since we went to Blackpool. I wouldn't dare visit that shop, I could leave with lots more than I went in with as I have had thoughts recently about getting back to some sewing. Pleased you liked my C. cards too. Happy woyww, Angela x9x

craftyani said...

that´s a great idea for your memory bears - a silver charm. Always take some small crafting/knitting in my bag then you never get bored and sometimes becomes a talking point even though my Spanish isn´t perfect but I try. Glad you enjoyed your day with Jan looked a lovely house!

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you have been enjoying some down time Annie - and good to meet up with friends. That craft cabin looks spectacular! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

BJ said...

Oh WOW Cabin Crafts looks amazing. Adore the Christmas decs and what a super idea to add the charms to the bears. Charm bracelets were all the rage when I was younger I have loads of charms... Thanks for sharing Hugs Bj#4