Friday 8 March 2024

This week's smiles....week 364

 Hello all. I've certainly had a week filled with smiles this week.....we've been celebrating my darling hubby's 70th birthday and he's been well and truly spoiled.  




We enjoyed family time on Saturday evening....and there was cake eaten [as you can see] :-)

I love this photo.





On Monday Louie went with a couple of his friends to a place called Tiny Town, Newport and as you can see he had a wonderful time.....I wonder what he will be when he grows up?






Yesterday he dressed up as a Gruffalo for World book day...he's so different from his big brother who never liked to dress up at the age :-)



He wasn't the only one to dress up for World Book day :-)  Michelle dressed up as a red crayon.....and yes she is a teacher :-)

This was my exciting news of last week.  I can now share with you that she had been for an interview for a new job and she got it.  She will be starting a new full time teaching job at a lovely little school just 10 mins from her home after the Easter holidays.  I'm so very proud of her.

9 comments:

Twiglet said...

Oh little Louie. What a character. Tiny Town sounds lovely. 😀 x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sounds like a great week all round. Lucky Michelle for getting the job so near home, well done. Love the costume so sweet. Hugs Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Such a happy family photo. I did see it on Facebook but it is lovely to see it again on here. belated Happy Birthday to hubby.
That Tiny Town looks like a lot of fun and Louie certainly enjoyed himself there.
Well done to Michelle. It sounds like the perfect job for her. She makes a good 'red crayon'!.
We didn't have this when my boys were small. I think they used to take a favourite book in to school, but there was no dressing up for it. I am glad really as I am not good at making fancy dress, but it is fun to see all the children dressing up these days. Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I overslept. I fell asleep abut 10 minutes before it was time to link. Happy belated birthday to our husband. That is a great photo of your family.

What a nice place for Louie to visit. They certainly give the children different jpbs they can perform. He actually looked happiest as an astronaut.

Congratulations to Michelle. We don't seem to do that here, or at least no one dresses for it. Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend, dear Annie.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

i guess you realize that should have read YOUR husband, not OUR husband (grin).

Lisca said...

What a lovely family photo! (I saw it on FB too) Looks like you all had a great time.
What gorgeous photos of Louie in his different outfits. What fun. I've not hear of Tiny Town, but it must have been good fun.
But my favourite photo of him is as a Gruffalo. (Funny how children really like this ugly character)
Congratulation to Michelle and her new job. And this so close to home.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

congrats to the crayon! we need good teachers! tiny town sounds like a place we had in Florida as a child, it was magical to have the city all kid sized
LeeAnna

Cloudia said...

May God bless you folks with many, many many happy birthdays ahead

Iris Flavia said...

To a great new year to your Hubby and such kid pics again.
YAY on the job!!!