Wednesday 27 March 2024

WOYWW....

 Here we are at another catch up with our creative friends all around the world to see what they have on their desks and a little of what's been going on with them over the last week....I love my Wednesdays.




On my desk today is a box full of 10 little frogs waiting for their eyes [buttons].  A group of frogs is called an army and I feel this is most appropriate as these will be going to children newly diagnosed with cancer and I really hope they will help them in their fight.


Those 10 little frogs used up most of my green fabrics so I contacted Denise from Cabin Crafts and told her what I wanted the fabric for.  She then searched through all the fabrics she had and sent me pics of all she thought were suitable.  These gorgeous fabrics are not only lovely quality and are reasonably priced but they arrived at my door within a couple of days.....brilliant service Denise, thank you so much.


I thought some of you might like to see all the dresses that were hanging up in my sewing room, needing steaming, last week.  Lexi put them all to really good use last weekend....and I can proudly say I was thrilled to be able to watch her dance.

Lexi is now one of the youngest in the group she dances with, as she is now 12, and was thrilled to bits to come away with a third place....she loves her dancing.






I hope your week has been as lovely as mine.

Hugs,

Annie x

12 comments:

Helen said...

Well done Lexi! love those frogs.. I am sure they'll be gratefully received.
Happy WOYWW Helen (no linky tool today yet , so I put my desk link in the comments for now)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the frogs and great photos of the girls too. Still no link I'm afraid. Have a great woyww. Sending hugs, Angela x?x

Neet said...

I still cannot believe that Lexi is so grown up now. Lovely to see the photos of her dancing,
Great frogs and for such a lovely cause. Keep the army going with that gorgeous fabric.
Hugs, Neet xx (1)

Diana Taylor said...

Your frogs are lovely - they will be doing such an important job. I never knew they were called an army, as you say, it's very appropriate. Lovely photos of Lexi and well done on 3rd place - what an achievement.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana xx #8

Lynnecrafts said...

Well done you and Lexi! Your army of frogs looks brilliant and I’m sure will be most welcome.
Take care, happy Easter and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 4 xx

Lindart said...

Oh, that army of frogs is going to be SO cute when all their eyes are on! And well done Lexi! She looks awesome in all of her dance outfits! Jasper just started taking dance lessons this year, and loves it! Happy Easter! Lindart #14

Morti said...

Hi Annie....

Well, I wouldn't say a particularly lovely week, as it's been quite wet, but life is generally ok!

Lovely dancing dresses made, and those frogs are super cute. Denise is definitely a great supplier.

Have a fab week

Morti
x

Crafting With Jack said...

I am really upset. Dolly, my chihuahua, got attacked this morning. A dog barking at her from the other side of the fence suddenly put his head through and dragged her in. I think she has come out of shock now, she has a puncture wound and a bruise. She is probably very sore too.
Wishing you a very happy Easter. Angela #18

Marit said...

O my, those frogs look so cute and look at that new fabric - that will make for even more cute frogs! I love the dance-photos too, she got the moves! I wish you a lovely Easter-weekend! Hug from Holland, Marit #2

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw Lexi is a star isn't she, at the tender age of 12 I expect dancing has done wonders for her self confidence! Love it when a youngster can find something they absolutely love. I love the army of frogs, what great characters they make for a kid who prolly brings a teddy to hospital anyway. Brilliant you. Have a lovely Easter weekend, wish I could guarantee some dry warm weather, it's doing the cats and dogs thing again here.

Elizabeth said...

Lexi is such a star! It's so wonderful to.see how she's grown and blossomed as she's got older. She looks fabulous in her dance outfits. Love the frogs too - I'm sure they will help the children in their fight against cancer. Hugs, Ellie #6 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Well done Lexi!
Love those frogs and the swatch of green fabrics - plenty to go at!
Susan #5. Happy WOYWW!