Friday 15 March 2024

This week's smiles....week 365

 Here we are at another catch up of the smiles from the week....and I'm blessed to say there's been lots to smile about...

Last Friday we travelled to South Wales to spend the weekend in a lovely dog friendly cottage....that is apart from the stairs :-)
We live in a bungalow because I don't manage stairs well because of my arthritis....and we now know Milly isn't a fan either lol
I don't think either of us noticed that the cottage had stairs when we booked it ...it was an upside down cottage with living room/kitchen upstairs and the bedrooms and bathrooms downstairs so it wasn't just a case of going down the stairs at bedtime.
Milly refused to go down the stairs and had to be carried and going up was a challenge too.






This was our bed....very pretty but I almost needed a step to get up into it .  

The potty was in the sitting room window....it was very tempting :-)





One of our trips out was to Cenarth falls....it was so lovely here.  The water was really noisy and at the right time of the year Salmon jump up the falls to spawn.






We visited Llangrannog beach....such a lovely little beach to walk Milly.

The top left photo is where water was bubbling up through the sand...like a spring.






These were also taken at the same beach.  There was a lovely little cafe and I really loved the mosiac in the top left pic.

Milly loves to people watch and I think she looks like King of the castle here.





All around our cottage were signs of Spring....so beautiful.

It was also next to a small farm with 3 horses, 2 cows, 5 sheep, 3 pigs and several chickens....the owners were very welcoming and happily introduced us to all the animals.


Of course it wouldn't be Friday without a few funnies...I hope they raise a few smiles.

Please leave me a little comment so I know you've called in and, if you can, then link up to your own smiles below.

Hugs,

Annie x

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

LISCA: I got a "failed to publish" on the comment I left on your smiles post.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I couldn't understand why you were late posting, then I realized I am on DST and you are not. DUH!!

That is a beautiful place where you stayed, but I understand your concern with stairs. I'm just glad my cats both run up and down mine. I would never be able to carry my two hunks. That's a beautiful bed, but I would definitely need a step stool to climb in.

That's a lovely area and it looks so peaceful (except for the falls). Milly seems to be enjoying it.

Got a good laugh out of the lottery ticket guy. Have a lovely rest of Friday and a great weekend, dear Annie.

Twiglet said...

Your weekend away looks lovely. I chuckled at the potty thought! x x Jo

mamapez5 said...

Your break in S. Wales looks lovely. The cottage is also very nice but I understand about the stairs! We too live in a bungalow though we do have two steps at both the front and back doors, but I struggle up a big staircase. It looks as though you were the only one braving the beach that day but it looks very inviting.

The pretty primroses take me back to childhood. When we lived Surrey, my big sister used to take us for a country walk to pick posies of primroses for mum on Mothering Sunday. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, looks like a great trip away and Milly enjoyed it too. It's always much quieter too at this time while the children are still at school. It looks very peaceful. The cottage looks gorgeous too, there are so many people offering places to stay now and they make such a great job of the accomodation. I enjoyed the funnies too. The dog who can't make his mind up looks like Alfie. It's difficult to explain but not only does he lift a leg to pee but also when he poos, usually on the bottom of trees. Have a good weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm late for WOYWW so thought to comment here instead. The birthday visit looks lovely, what ANOTHER lovely part of Wales! Love the thunderous sound of water, it all ads to the sense of nature ass the force Madeira doesn't it. Sorry that the stairs have coloured your memory of the cottage - I am with you both, the potty would have had me in full on resistance mode....I think if I was the owner I'd have to shove a pot plant in it...it's asking for something!!!

Iris Flavia said...

We live downstairs for a reason...
But apart from stairs it looks like you had a very lovely weekend! And Spring really is on the way!
The glasses-funny is a good one! :-)
Have a happy Friday!

LA Paylor said...

I'd love to go there
LeeAnna

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m so pleased you had a good time, the weather was definitely on your side! I’m only sorry we couldn’t meet up, G is still hacking away, we just didn’t want you to get anything!
Hugs LLJ xx

Cloudia said...

Thank you for bringing us along. I am wishing you and Millie an easy stair-free weekend

Helen said...

great photos of the time away, even if the stairs were a challenge! Have a good weekend.