Wednesday 25 October 2023

WOYWW....

 Hello all.  My name is Annie and I'm an OAP

It was my birthday Monday and at last I have reached 66 which means I can recieve my state pension.....but for those thinking I will be stopping sewing I wont.  I love my job so will be continuing to sew.  I may a little more selective on the jobs I take on and will def be enjoying my time with the grandchildren and the time we spend on adventures in our caravan but I do plan to carry on working, at least for a while yet.


I've had some beautiful flowers and even had a Happy Retirement balloon plus I have been spoilt rotton with a lovely meal out and a trip to the theatre to see Vincent Simone [of Strictly come dancing fame] in his Argentine Tango dance show....it was amazing.

We are back to the theatre tonight to see Sarah Milligan and I am really looking forward to that.



I completed the first 'gifted' Advent calendar and when I went to cut the second one out I discovered it was actually two folded up together so I have now made 3 and will be selling them for the Harry Johnson trust.


Now this is def a coincidence.  On my desk today is two piles of clothing to make bears from.  

The turquoise set on the right hand side is to have a school bear made for a little girl who has just left school in Australia.

The white/grey set is to make 3 memory bears for a lady who lives in Australia and they will be flying out to their new home when finished.

I'm conquering the world folks :-)


That's all from this OAP for today.  I will do my best to pop over to yours as soon as I can but it's a fun day with Louie today so please be patient with me.

Hugs,

Annie x

12 comments:

Helen said...

Happy state retirement!! I've still got a bit to go....How exciting that your bears are travelling to Australia! Hope you enjoy the show tonight, SArah Milligan is very funny. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Sarah Brennan said...

Congratulations on your 'retirement' Annie - glad you had a good birthday. Love how well travelled your bears are. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy Birthday/Retirement! You may be an OAP on the outside but there lurks a teenage rebel on the inside…and I should know, cos it’s the same with me *grin*. You’ve been celebrating with style, Sarah Millican is at The Lyric in Carmarthen but the tickets sold out quickly, shame cos I really like her. Have fun tonight!!
Hugs LLJ 2 xx

Twiglet said...

Ah Happy Retirement Annie, although I feel that's a misnomer! Enjoy your theatre trip. Looks like another busy week for you. xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Happy belated birthday Annie. There is no reason to stop doing what you love if you're still happy doing it. Enjoy your evening out. Have a great week and a very happy woyww, Angela x10x

Neet said...

Happy Belated Birthday Annie. Congrats on the state pension too.
How wonderful to see Vincent dancing the Argentine Tango. I remember him and Flavia doing it together on STrictly and I loved it. Definitely my favourite dance (to watch)
Hugs, Neet xx 1

Julia Dunnit said...

Well happy birthday Annie, and congratulations on reaching the target retirement date, makes me think it's a bit of a joke when I apply it to busy and bustling life! I'm a big fan of Sarah Millican, hope you enjoy her bare knuckle standup tonight! Xx

My name is Cindy said...

Welcome to the club Annie!! Although I really can't see you slowing down a bit!! It's nice to have a bit more freedom though if you want it. Fancy your little bears having an Australian connection - conquering the world indeed (one bear at a time). Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #9

Crafting With Jack said...

Congratulations on your retirement and a belated happy birthday. Most people who are retired say that don’t know how they had time for work! Happy WOYWW and have a great week. Angela #15

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Annie, welcome to retirement! Don't forget to order your bus pass! I'm glad you had a good birthday - I love an Argentine Tango as well. Sarah Millican will be a bit different ;-) I watdh her sometimes on Youtube.
I'm glad you're considering being a bit more selective about your work now, but I can't see you stopping.
Take care and happy belated birthday
hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

Lisca said...

Happy birthday and happy retirement Annie!
Hugs,
Lisca

Kelly said...

Hi Annie.
I'm coming in just under the wire. Congrats on hitting a new milestone in your life's journey!
Your bears are always precious to see.
You were meant to make 3 of those advent calendars. ;-)
Creative Blessings! ~ Kelly #16