Wednesday 18 October 2023

WOYWW....

 These weekly catch ups seem to come around so quickly now and, yet again,  I've had another busy week so will quickly show and tell what I've been doing in pics...




At the end of last week I made these 4 lovely Memory bears to remember 2 special Grandmothers.






My next challenge was to make a Memory Elephant from a fleece top....it was quite a challenge because all the fabric had to be stabilised with iron on interfacing but I rather like how he's turned out. 








Saturday morning I made two new advent calendars like this one and put the 8 I had finished on my Sewing by Annie's Facebook page and have already sold 5 of them :-)




Whilst watching the telly on Sunday I made these 6 Scandinavian stars from 24 3.25"x12" pieces of Christmas fabrics....they will sell for Harry Johnson Trust at their next sale.







I've finished the Christmas elf I was making...this will be a guess the name of the Elf to raise funds for the charity.






Finally yesterday I put together the first of two advent calendars that came with the donated fabrics to be used for the charity....It just needs wadding and backing now....and then the other one needs making :-)







That's all from me for today.  If you leave me a little message I will do my best to pop over to yours to see what you've been up to this week.
Hugs,
Annie x

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Lovely work Annie - especially the memory elephant. I am hoping to pop over and see you at the beginning of half term. I have a class with Maxine in Shrewsbury on 28th. Please message me to tell me if that would be OK (I will understand if it isn't at the weekend) and your address. I can pop back on a week day if that would be better. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Helen said...

what a lovely elephant! you've had a very busy week again. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Twiglet said...

I loved that cuddly elephant and your little elf is cute and perfect for a Christmas guess the name.You certainly gets through some work in a week! x x Jo

My name is Cindy said...

Morning Annie, certainly sounds like a busy week for you. I love the elephant and he looks so soft and snuggly! Those stars are stunning, I'm sure they'll go quickly. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #9

Neet said...

I am not surprised your advent calendars sold so quickly. They are Fabulous! Love the stars you made too, beautiful. Oh to sew like you do.
Hugs, Neet 1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I really love the elephant, he’s a great character and well done for using the fleece so well. Funnily enough I was watching a YouTube tutorial on those Swedish stars, they look very pretty and not that hard to make really!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Glenda said...

You have been busy! I love the elephant...but then I do have a thing for them! Everything will sell well I'm sure.
Glenda #15

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh so many adorable photos. I was happy to pickup your tip on using a stabilizer with that fabric, I have similar and was questioning what my next step would be. ! Love those stars also, mother use to do a lot of that.AND I LOVE the advent calendar scene. Have a great week

Christine said...

Lovely week's work, especially those stars . .. and the elf . . . the ephelant . . .
have a good week
Christine #17

Crafting With Jack said...

Love all your sewing, but the advent hanging really tops it all. Just beautiful to display over December. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your memory elephant turned out great. I love it. Those stars look fiddly and difficult, but I suspect will sell well. I can see why your advent calendars are such a great hit. You have really done a ton of sewing and other stuff this week. You are amazing. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gosh Annie, you've been so busy. I don't know how you manage, do you have some little helpers that are hiding and pop out when no one's looking. Take it easy and don't work too hard. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x14x

Julia Dunnit said...

Well that house advent calendar is just about the nicest I've seen for ages, and the little elf for naming is so sweet! You've had a really busy week again Annie! I'm going to see Dawn French next month, so glad you had such a laugh!