Wednesday 31 October 2018

WOYWW....

Oh wow what a busy week it's been here and there more arriving today to keep me busy....I've got a lady coming with items of clothing to make 6 memory bears....yes 6!!! Plus another lady is coming lunchtime wanting several sewing jobs done so never a dull minute here for me......and my sciatica still hasn't gone!!!

So? What have I been up to?.....



My special blogging friend Ellie [we have only met three times but she knows me sooooo well] sent me a voucher for Doughtys for my birthday with instructions to spoil myself so I bought this gorgeous fabric and have made two large cushions to go in our motor home. ....I made the cushions and covers.



It was suggested by several of you that I should made a travelling bear to come with us in the motor home so here he is....I've made him from an old fleece jumper of my hubby's so he's really cuddly and of course he had to have a back pack and hat for his camping trips....I still plan to knit him a scarf to go round his neck.

I haven't thought of a name yet...any suggestions?

You may get to see some of his adventures over the months ahead. :-)






Update......Scarf knitted.  He's all ready for his first adventure now.....but is still needing a name.


My darling hubby bought me a gorgeous new purple fleece as part of my birthday present and of course the sleeves needed shortening to fit me but just look .....even with all the threads I have I didn't have one to match!!....Who would have believed that?



The other thing that's on my desk today is a bit of paper crafting.....card and scissors were involved at least :-)

We have the twins calling round trick or treating with some of their little friends tonight so I had to make the effort lol.

That's all from me for this week.  I will do my best to visit as many as I can but I have a feeling I'm going to be rather busy this week.
Hugs,
Annie x

17 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Annie, love the new photo at the top of your blog. How about Grylls for the bear's name (Grylls Bear instead of Bear Grylls lol)? Enjoy the trick or treating and hope the sciatica eases soon. Sarah #8

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Happy Halloween Annie. Our weather should be great for the little tricksters tonight. This will be the first year DH and I haven't dressed up and visited a few of the places having dress up parties. He's almost finished up with late night field work (chopping stocks, disking) Farmland in the area is pretty much black dirt again. Lots of displaced deer, pheasants and coyote. Hope you had a great birthday I played catch up on your blog and had a big smile with your that Dutch friends photo!!! Have a great week.

Shoshi said...

What a lovely bear, and with a cute little back pack too! Beautifully made. Can’t think of a name off-hand! The new fleece is a lovely colour, and it doesn’t surprise me a bit that you didn’t have the right colour thread - that’s 100% typical! Hope your sciatica clears up soon.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #9

Neet said...

Well your little traveller bear looks the perfect picture with his hat and backpack and now his scarf.
Sounds as if today is going to be mega busy - glad you got the cushions made before this latest load of sewing arrived.
Hugs, Neet xx

Neet said...

Dannie Bear - a culmination of your name and hubbies - he is a result of your love of making memory Bears and Daves fleece.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m slightly catching up..no internet at the farm house we stayed in for our scrapbooking weekend and as we were there from 9am on Friday, I had quite a lot of messages and pics to look at on Monday when we strayed over some invisible line and the internet worked again! Super impressed with the awning...just don’t be driving away with it still looped on. I know its laughable, but I’ve seen it happen with my own two eyes! Love that your so busy, hate the sciatica..am in same boat; a weekend of sitting down and no exercise has a price and frankly it’s too high, am in aggers and need the cuprofen to kick in before I can straighten up. Boring.!

Catriona said...

Due to his colour and where you stay, the first name that popped into my head was “Biscuit the Bear”. I LOVE the cushions and very necessary for moho lounging! Happy sewing!

Claire said...

So love your cuddly bears!!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no. 4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The threads made me smile! Not only is it a great picture (love the purples) but it's an excuse to go shopping and find the perfect colour match..win-win! The Camper van bear is a real character - I think Catriona's suggestion is the winner!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Anni, oh just look at travelling Bear.. I can see you creating a whole wardrobe for this little adorable, the possibilities really are endless!!
Good to see you have treated yourself, those cushions are fab.
Have fun with those Trick or Treaters & Happy Halloween woyww.
Tracey #6

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, I think we all love the travelling bear. He's great, especially with his outfit. Like the idea of Biscuit- suits him. Typical about the cotton- have the same problem with paper & cardstock, lol. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #12 X

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I do know you so well, despite the distance that separates us, and I love your choice of fabric - very appropriate for someone who is so busy with the sewing machine. 😀 I like all names suggested for your bear but Biscuit is the cutest. Have a great Halloween with the twins. Hugs, Ellie X #22

Twiglet said...

Oh I love the bear Annie! Camper van Powis - would be a good name - but than makes him sound a bit Dutch? Looks like you and I have both been making pumpkin faces - Ben made his to hang on a string in my kitchen yesterday. xx Jo

Helen said...

Love the bear - hope he enjoys his travels with you both! I never named any of my teddies - I still have one very moth-eaten one (well it's well-loved really) and my beloved panda; I wonder why that was? Hope you find something just right for him. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is a lovely bear who should be named after a famous traveller, maybe Captain Cook. He discovered more of the earth's surface than any other man and excelled as a scientist, cartographer, surveyor and an was an excellent navigator which everyone needs if they are planning adventures. Have a great crafty week and a happy woyww, Angela X18X

Dorlene Durham said...

I love the traveling bear. My sis and BIL have a bear that they created a FB page for. So the bear highlights their travels. It's pretty cool. Have a Happy Halloween. Dorlene #24

craftyani said...

6 bears bet you could make them in your sleep. Why don't you try shortening the sleeves using the methods you posted on fb. Ani#10