Wednesday 17 October 2018

WOYWW.....

Hello all.  Happy Wednesday.  I have been busy doing something that will surprise many of you this week....I've been cutting and using my fabrics almost as soon as they dropped on my doorstep.



That fun fabric that Catriona sent me has been put to good use already.  I made two of these pocketed hanging holders, one for Catriona to say thank you with and the other to go in our motor home for the toiletries to go in.

Last Friday also saw me working hard in the morning to finish these two quilts before we set out after lunch on our first adventure in our motor home.

We had two nights down near Builth Wells on a site we used to visit when our family were growing up.  It has been greatly improved since then with all new facilities so was even better than we remembered and although it poured with rain all weekend and blew a gale at times we had a really lovely couple of days away.



I even sat snipping all the thread ends off whilst we were away to finish the quilts off.....if those two customers hadn't turned up on the Friday morning I would have finished them before we left!!

On my desk this morning is my next project.  One of my customers asked if I could make her little boy a waistcoat for Christmas but I struggled to find a pattern to make one with so I put a shout out on a Facebook group I'm in and a really kind lady on there sent me this one free of charge....there are so many lovely people out there aren't there?

The pattern is a little smaller than I need I think but at least I now have something I can adapt....watch this space as they say.



That's all from me for today.  I hope you all have a fab week and thanks for calling by.
Hugs,
Annie x

14 comments:

Helen said...

glad you are already getting to enjoy your motor home! shame about the weather - better luck next time! Helen #4

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. Glad you are out and about in your country cottage! - having survived in it over last weekend with that gale, you can survive anything. You will SO enjoy it, I'm sure! Well done on all the sewing completions - you really do achieve a lot in a short time.
Great news about the crop next year - I'm already signed in and looking forward to it! Well done on both picking up the mantle.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Claire said...

Indeed, the world is full of lovely, lovely people! Love seeing all your crating exploits!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no. 1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's a really great pic of you in your motor home, you look so snug and cosy in there! I'm really glad that you weren't bothere about the storm - it was terrible down here. Fortunately we were ok in BP but Carms generally was in a terrible mess.
There's been great reaction to CropTen - thank you SO MUCH for organising it!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx
PS And well done for diving into the fabric straightaway, lol!

Neet said...

Love to see you in your new motor home - fabulous photo of you at work with the light from the window behind you.
Great use of the fabric you got - hope it really got tried and tested on your mini holiday.
Hugs, Neet 14 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, lovely that you have the motor home now. So nice to be able to go off for a long weekend or so. Quilts look fab, as does the toiletry holder. Crafters are lovely people, aren't they? How kind of her to send you the pattern. Yes, I think you definitely need to make it to the next crop, lol. Have the date in the calendar, so we can organise our holiday after that. :)Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

Sarah Brennan said...

You look snug in the motor home despite the weather Annie. Enjoy all your birthday celebrations. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Twiglet said...

That fabric made super little hold all hangers. Great idea. xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, my, but you've been busy! Your little house on wheels must be looking very cosy with those gorgeous quilts gracing the seats. Looking forward to seeing that pattern made up for the little guy. I can think of a couple of little ones of yours that might want one too. Himself is hardly the model patient but he is trying to behave himself and he is definitely recovering nicely :) Wondering if you are off again this weekend - if so keeping my fingers the weather will be good. Hugs, Ellie x #22

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased you managed to get the pattern you needed. I used to have loads when I was teaching and got rid of most of them and wish now that I hadn't as they are not so easy to get hold of though there has been a little more interest in making clothes again and there are companies at the NEC Craft Show selling patterns and fabrics. Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x16x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Glad you managed to get a pattern Annie, lovely to hear that someone answered your call out there really are some very generous people out there.
The freedom on the road in a motor home is a fab feeling no matter what the weather. There will be many adventures and new places to discover Annie. Have FUN & Happy WOYWW Tracey #5

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

AhAnnie, brilliant work, I could use one of those hanger things too really need to,get my acto together one day and do it!! Won’t hold my breath though.
Love the rug your working on too! And brilliant over the pattern given too!! S
Happy WOYWW shaz in Oz.x #20

Lindart said...

Sounds like your motor home has survived it's first trial, and now you are good to go! Great idea for the fabric, the holder looks great! As do the quilts - you are so talented! Have a great week, Lindart #29

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, glad to see you enjoying your new motor home! The quilts are beautiful, I might be picking your brains for words of wisdom over the next few weeks as I attempt to make my first quilt! First question would be ... what tools are needed - there are quite a lot in my book, I'm sure I won't need them all straight away, just essentials! Have a lovely week Heather x #33