Friday 5 October 2018

This week's smiles....week 292

Another busy week here at Sewing by Annie's and it's been another one filled with smiles so I'm here to share a few of them with you....



Our little grandson Theo is starting Nursery one day a week and this week he's been having his induction sessions.  We looked after him for the day on Tuesday and he had to go for an hour and a half taster session in the morning.  As you can see his bag is nearly as big as him but he insisted in being a big boy and carrying it.

He had a lovely time and when we collected him he was playing very happily outside with all the other children and we managed to watch for a few minutes before he noticed we were there :-)


....one more step along the road he goes :-)





Another of our Grandsons, Steve is nearly 7 and last Saturday he went to watch his first Shrewsbury Town football match with his daddy...and loved it.  Here he is grinning from ear to ear wearing his new football shirt which is an early birthday present.

My dad always used to go to watch Shrewsbury play with my hubby and his dad and now our son, Mark goes and the next generation are catching the bug too....it's so lovely to see the love of watching our local team passing down the generations.










As you know we have recently bought a motor home and have been enjoying setting it up with all it needs but as yet haven't had a free weekend to go away in it.  We wanted to test it out so last Sunday morning.....





I filled a box with all the essentials....



....and we drove up to Cardingmill Valley, a local National Trust park, and I cooked us a brunch.  Yum yum it tasted as good as it looked and everything in the motor home worked well.



Our little Milly doesn't usually travel well but she really seemed to love the new life style and, as you can see, she enjoyed watching the world go by while we were up in the hills.
We enjoyed a walk up there before we left then drove on a little further before......



.....Stopping up by Wenlock Edge for a coffee and cake break and another walk before heading for home.

I love our new found freedom and I'm sure this is something we will be doing often.

I hope you have enjoyed sharing my smiles and will leave me a little comment to say you've called by before linking up to your own smiles below.
Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Theo is such a cutie with that backpack that is SO big. That put a smile on my face, as did the brunch you fixed. Your husband's eggs looked about how I like mine, too. Yes, I took time to enlarge the photos.

It's good to see that generations are still enjoying local games, and it is never too early to get them involved and excited about sports. Not that Steve needs to be coerced to get excited about sports, but it's good that his dad and he are enjoying the game together.

Thanks for ONCE again linking me, Annie.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth

https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2018/10/friday-smiles-292-trip-to-art-musuem.html

Scott tried to download something on my blog, and it still doesn't help with Mr. Linky. Even worse, I can no longer see my clocks! Looks like the "cure" he thought of was worse than the "bug."

Helen said...

Theo and his big bag did make me smile - big enough for a week at nursery not an hour and a half! bless him, he's growing up so fast. Steven looks very smart in his football shirt too.
Hope you get to enjoy a proper trip in your motor home soon.

Catriona said...

That photo of Theo melted my heart. Big boy cousin looks very proud too. We drove out to the coast at Ayr last Friday because the moho needed a run out. Coffee and flapjack in the autumn sun-perfect. Norrie is interested in how you travel with Millie-is there a harness point on the floor or is she belted up on the seat? Well done on cooking your breakfast-next will be an overnight stay. Exciting times.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh lucky you a new motor home. You'll be able to escape whenever the mood takes you, heaven! Little Theo and the oversized bag made me chuckle. You must be very proud of them all. Take care and have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

Oh what a treat - a little ride out into our beautiful countryside - good company and perfect surroundings. Great way to test out your new "home". xxx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Yay for mobile bacon and eggs!! Lovely to see the first trip out 😊
Hugs LLJ xxx

mamapez5 said...

fancy Theo being at Nursery school already. I am sure he will have a great time there. That is a very large bag for a little fellow!
I smiled at the football shirt. Although when we moved, Shrewbury became our home team, we started off in London, and all our boys, plus their dad, our grandchildren, and now our great-grandsons, support Arsenal. We have had a good few Arsenal strips in the house over the years, some of them passing down through the generations too.
I am so glad the initial run out in the motor home was a success. I hope you have many more enjoyable days like this, and weekends away too, soon. It's a good thing Millie was happy in there too. Love Kate x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, finally got to upload my Friday post ... no idea why, but I lost my server on this computer although not on my phone! Once more technology defeated me! Love the photo of Theo - that bag is enormous! Steve looks really chuffed with his shirt - glad he loved the football match. Glad the camper passed it's trial run and that Milly is taking to the life on the road too. You are going to have such fun travelling around the country. Hugs, Ellie xx