Wednesday 24 October 2018

WOYWW...

As you will have seen on Julia's blog the Crop ten celebrations are going to be here in Shropshire next year and I thought you might all like details of when and where.  It will be on Saturday June 1st and will be held here....


You should be able to click on the link for more details but I know some of you have been making plans already and we really do want as many as possible to join us there this year so get the date on the calendar....we will take numbers nearer the time.

Now onto what's been going on at Sewing by Annie's this week.....




I've used more of those Laura Ashley samples that Margaret sent me and have made some lavender bags using the lavender Catriona sent me.



I was asked to make a waistcoat by one of my customers for her little boy for Christmas so I used the pattern I was given by a lady on a Facebook group I am in and made one that's supposed to be for age 5-6.  As it seems to have come up a very generous size and the little boy it's for is slender build I have now made another smaller one and a blue one too.....I was on a roll :-)



I have also made this rather special Memory bear...it's for a lady in memory of her Father made out of his school scarf and tie....that is over 100 years old!!

I do feel very honoured to be trusted with such special items of clothing.

That's about all for me for today.  It was my birthday yesterday so it's been a week of smiles and spoils for me....I may share a few of them on Friday when I post my happy moments and share them with you all.
Hugs,
Annie x

17 comments:

Helen said...

I really want to come, but don't drive so need help with finding somewhere to stay - train journey planning says I need to go via Birmingham so it will obviously have to come up on the Friday. Any idea of local places to stay? needs to be close enough to the venue to get on foot or I did see there was a half hourly bus....

the makes as always, are amazing and happy birthday for yesterday! Helen #1

KC'sCourt! said...

The memory bear is gorgeous, I be the lady was thrilled. The waistcoat are very smart

Julie xxxxxx

Twiglet said...

That little bear is such a treasure! So many lovely makes - some look a tbit like mine - lol. xxx Jo

Julia Dunnit said...

I shall liase with Helen a bit, after all, we’ll be in a car, so the ‘on foot’ part of it might be avoided.
Meanwhile, yes lovely Annie, ‘Oh Dear’ were the very first words past my lips..!!!!!
Lovely waistcoats, I think you could start a trend! I went through a phase of wearing them myself and made loads, I love that moment when you turn them to the right side and the points match and the lining looks fab...great!

Neet said...

Love the waistcoats - just get them to feed the little boy up on Christmas Pud! He will soon be less slender. LOL
lovely Memory Bear - the stripes look really good.
We have booked for the Retreat and I am so excited to be able to come down to see you all again - just hope this will be a bumper one and there will be lots of newbies attending. Thanks for doing this.
Hugs and Belated Birthday Greetings
Neet 2 xx

Christine said...

This post evoked some lovely memories - I used to make waistcoats for Peter when he played in the Church Orchestra .... happy days...
Love all these ideas for your teddies, such happiness.
Have a good week
Christine #15

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, hope you had a lovely birthday! Love those waistcoats, fab material. How amazing is that school scarf- they knew how to make stuff to last back then! Fab bear. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz X #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I really love the way you've pattern matched the stripes on the bear...clever you but you do have a great eye for detail. The waistcoats are fab too, that's something I've never made. Thanks again for organising the Crop, I'm sooooo excited already :-D
Hugs LLJ 13 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, looks like a nice place for the crop. I absolutely love the new bear. I love them all but this is just perfection. Have a lovely creative week and happy woyww, Angela x11x

Elizabeth said...

Oh Annie, that little bear is extra special. Love the way you've used the stripes on the scarf and that tie is just fabulous. As are the waistcoats. Those are going to be two very happy customers and the wee boy is going to be delighted too. Like the look of the hall ... very new and tidy looking and hooray for the parking spaces too. Have a wonderful weekend my friend. Hugs, Ellie xx #26

Catriona said...

Wow-those wee snowmen are all in a line-fab pattern matching. I had Leanne’s school scarf that I wanted to send to you for a teddy but sadly the moths had been there first!

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy belated birthday Annie. Hope you had a great day. I am looking forward to the crop. That school scarf reminds me of mine from University of Keele. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, hope you had a lovely birthday. Hopefully I will be at the Crop- sign me up for the dumpfing in the morning, so the day doesn't run away with me this time! The memory bear looks so precious, a very special one! Have a lovely week Heather x #8

Marit said...

Happy -belated- birthday Annie!! And wowzah, another gorgeous bear and how special indeed to use these precious items to make it! The small waistcoats (I didn't know that was called that way in English...) are cute! Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland. Marit #19

Diana Taylor said...

What a very special little bear - he's adorable and I do admire you having the nerve to cut up such a special item of clothing - I suppose that first cut must be the hardest. I love the lavender bags with the gorgeous vintage looking lace - it certainly compliments the fabric beautifully.
Have a great week,
Diana x #17

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I am planning to come this time as it is a relatively easy day trip, M5 permitting, which also means I do not have to put my dog into kennels yet again. It will be good to meet up with old friends and make new ones. I love your bear, so cuddly. Maggie #18 xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Happy belated Birthday Annie, hope you had a super day.
Love those waistcoats, reminds me of my boys at Christmas time.
Happy Woyww Tracey #5