Friday 26 October 2018

This week's smiles....week 295

It's been my birthday week so there's been lots to smile about.  When your birthday is mid week you just have to catch up with family members at the weekend so it spreads the celebrations over a week....and I've been well and truly spoilt.

There's been...
  • Flowers
  • Parcels to open
  • Envelopes to open [with the help of little Theo of course]
  • Hugs and kisses and of course
  • Cake....a chocolate cake too :-)
Here's just a few of my smiles...


I was treated out to brunch by Theo and his mummy, Gina, on my birthday morning and then Theo and I enjoyed lots of fun and giggles for the rest of the day....here we are playing and singing 'Wheels on the bus'.

Cant you have a lot of fun with a cardboard box, some paper plates and some double sided sticky tape?

The box was what my next smile came in.....


On Wednesday my hubby took the day off to run me to the Dr's for my annual blood tests and then took Milly to be clipped.

During the morning he had an erection on the front drive....this is a new clip on awning for our motor home and will allow us to put up table and chairs etc and then unclip it to drive away whilst we are camping.....exciting times eh?




When these two get together they are inseparable.  Lulu is such a loving big cousin to little Theo.....and I rather think the feeling is mutual.



Here's Steve trying on his new Shrewsbury Town football hat and scarf....a late birthday present and he's rather pleased with it as you can see.



 This is my last smile to share with you today...it was sent to me from our Dutch friends and as you can imagine it's caused lots of giggles.....if only eh?

There you go.  That's a few of my smiles for this week.  I've showed you mine now show me yours by linking them up below.
Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy belated birthday, Annie. Although I’m still not well, I certainly enjoyed your smiles today. I'm NOT sure I would have used the word "erection" when talking about your hubby. But I was really, really smiling at you in the arms of those gorgeous hunks. Perfect birthday gift, too.

Here is my direct link:

http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2018/10/friday-smiles-295-trip-to-art-museum.html

Twiglet said...

I love B & E s comment about your hubby!! You certainly made me laugh. xxx Jo

Lisca said...

Belated happy birthday Annie! It looks as though you have been very spoilt indeed.
I loved all yoursmiles. Little Theo in the 'bus' is gorgeous, and the photo of the two cousins is too.
The photo of you with the Chippendales really made me giggle. But the one that did it for me was your hubby's erection on the front drive! Do tell him his erection is a bit wrinkly....
In all seriousness...We thought about an awning too when we had our motorhome. We had such good experiences with the caravan. But when we found out we could only use it on camp sites we didn't bother as we hardly ever use camp sites as one has to pay for those. We only used 'aires' (dedicated motorhome parking) which are free (apart from the electric) but awnings or even chairs outside are not permitted as that is considered camping, and the police will move you on. Bear that in mind if you ever travel to the continent.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Happy Birthday Annie. I too was a bit concerned about hubby having an erection on the front driveway until I read on. You will be pleased to know I have started the labelling too though I have tried to organise the boxes so I know where things should be, she says grinning! Loving the last photo too, lucky lady. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely post which made me laugh out loud! You'll be the talk of the neighbourhood if D continues to have erections on your drive ;-D. But my favourite bit is Theo in his lorry/bus, what a fantastic idea, wish I'd thought of that when our boys were younger as we were always using cardboard boxes for forts etc...the paper plates are genius!
Glad you've had such a lovely week, you deserve it xx
Hugs LLJ xxx

Elizabeth said...

Oh Annie, that birthday card is a hoot! And as you say, 'if only' - such bonnie boys! it's clear you've had a wonderful birthday week. I've yet to meet a toddler who doesn't appreciate a cardboard box - the fun to be had is endless. Lovely photos of Lulu and Steve too. Oh, and you know already what I think of Dod's erection!!! Have a wonderful weekend. Ellie xx

Di said...

I've been quietly giggling about this all day - do you need any money to bail Doddy out? By rights he should be locked up and I bet a few neighbours also had the vapours! Old age is a strange thing innit!

Hugs

Di x

mamapez5 said...

Hi Annie. I am happy to hear you have had such a lovely birthday week.
I am sure you have some very happy camping breaks ahead and the awning will be a great asset.
I love Theo in his bus. That song was always a favourite with my nursery class.
it is lovely to see the little cousins getting on so well together.
The football accessories rings a few bells, though once again they are the wrong team for my tribe.
I'm looking forward to my visit too.
Kate x