Friday 11 June 2010

Work experience and turning a new leaf maybe?....



Ernest has been a willing helper most of today. He helped staple fabric on a bed headboard. It was a lot easier having an extra beak around. We were able to stretch the fabric well between us and the finished result was wonderful.









He then helped me cut out a waistcoat. He has learned to pin on a paper pattern, tailor tack and cut out the fabric. He really does seem a natural at this sewing lark.











He worked hard all morning so I said he could take the afternoon off. I found him a deck chair so he could really relax for an hour.












I really thought he had turned a new leaf until I caught him helping himself to yet another miniature bottle of alcohol...this time brandy!


6 comments:

Linby said...

RFLOL!!! classic
Linbyx

BadPenny said...

Ernest really does seem to be being very helpful ( where is this leading I wonder? - I know that sounds cynical but I know Ernest )

I suppose a teeny nip of Brandy would revive him as long as he didn't polish off the whole bottle...
drunken young Roosters is not a pretty sight ( especially when
they start to sing bawdy songs )

Doina said...

Very nice! I see that it helps you to work.
Please put on your blog Google Translate. I do not very well English.

Twiglet said...

Oh bless him!! Or .... you don't think he is after my job do you????

chris, milatos said...

Glad you are keeping busy, a little drop of the hard stuff never hurt anybody, but make sure its only a little, Ernest. A hangover is not very nice.

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh finally I get to catch up! Well Ernest landed well - thank goodness you can keep him busy..bored teenagers, oy! What amazing experiences you're giving him.crikey, by the time his gap year is over, he may be a fully evolved, well rounded and sensitive young erm, boy hen!