I started making a large embellished picture here way back at the beginning of December and as you can imagine with Christmas and the New Year in the middle it had to be put to one side to finish at a later date. With all this wonderful snow around this week, although I have had quite a lot of sewing from my customers, I have also been able to fit in some dumfing. I'm completely hooked ...I love the ease that threads and fabrics bond together and love the way the applied colours 'paint' a picture. The 3D effect of the flowers has to be seen in real life to be truly appreciated but I thought I would share a few pictures of the process.
This is a copy of the first stage photo. At this stage I had embellished the background with wool rovings and used textured threads for stems in the foreground.
Here you can see I have added more threads and fabric strips to the stalks and stems in the foreground to build up textures and added various red fabrics for the poppies.
I have now added the beads and final details to the poppies and really love the 3D effect of the flowers. It's all ready for framing now.
I have now fixed the picture in it's mount and thought I'd snap it before I put it behind the glass because I know photos will be difficult then.
Ta da! all finished and ready for hanging up now. It's finished measurement is 52cm so it looks pretty impressive in it's Ikea frame. I'm thrilled with the result and hope you like it too.
If anyone is interested I would be more than happy to do commissioned pictures using this method. Just let me know what you'd like. [Prices would obviously depend on the work/materials required.]