Wednesday 12 July 2023

WOYWW....

 It's bears, bears and yet more bears this week  [and that's far from all I've done this week!!]....



I shared one bear with you last week and when the lady came to collect her bear she brought more clothes to make these two for her two daughters.



When the same lady came to collect the two bears in the pic above she came with clothes to make this little bear for one of her friends who had lost her husband.

I had to remake the tie to make a small version to fit the little bear....I love a challenge.  I usually use the thin end of the tie for the bears but this would have meant the  little boats/islands would have been upside down.

My next challenge came from a customer from Doncaster.  She had lost her husband and she wanted 7 Memory bears making for her grandchildren from Grandad's favourite t shirts....a specific two for each bear so I had to not only stabilise each panel with interfacing but I had to make sure each bear had two front/back panels and the correct one had to be on the left or right too.



Here's the results....I was pleased to see I'd got them all right and it was so lovely to see them all finished and looking so different.....they are now winging their way to their new homes in Doncaster.



Since then I have started making more School Memory bears....this one was special because it was for a returning customer who I had made one 4 years ago for an older sibling when they left Primary school.





Finally [for now] here's two more little school bears but this time they are made as gifts for two teachers who are retiring.....I thought this was a lovely idea.

So, I'm sorry there's a lot to share today but I like to keep my blog up to date.  If you leave me a little message I will do my best to pop over to yours to see what you've been up to this week.
Hugs,
Annie x



14 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Such a lovely array of bears this week Annie. Great idea for a retirement present too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. sarah #3

Helen said...

Gorgeous new bears, Annie! I agree, a retirement bear sounds a great idea. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Twiglet said...

What a bear fest! They are really fab Annie. x x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I like the thought of the retirement bears, a great reminder of a long working life. It’s amazing how they’re all so different and it must be very pleasing when you get return customers. Thanks again or the fabrics, I showed them on my post today!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Christine said...

Wow! what a super array of teddies . . . love the idea of retirement presents for teachers.
I still don't understand how fast the children grow, especially grandchildren . . . I'm sure my own children didn't' grow that fast . . but then again, it was much slower times back then . . .
Enjoy your week
Christine #14

Catriona said...

More lovely bears which fortunately don’t have zips! I see you have been sharing around the lovely fabric which will help raise money for various charities-isn’t it good to know that you and others use their time and expertise to make beautiful things that people enjoy buying. I have just finished 8 stoma cover bags which are very fiddly but made for a very dear friend who had bladder cancer during the height of the pandemic. I managed to make them from 2 pillowcases which friend insisted on providing. Happy sewing-I’m guessing you’ll be very busy with schools finishing soon.(ours are into their third week off).
Happy sewing to you and your lovely assistant! Catriona

Neet said...

What a lovely idea to give a Memory Bear to a retiring teacher. Wish I had had one when I went 20 years ago.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

More fabulous bears! Such a great gift for a retiring teacher. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, bears, bears and more bears. Looks like you've been a bit busy! Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

Crafting With Jack said...

I forget things. But 4 times seems a bit naughty! Hugs Angela x

Julia Dunnit said...

I agree, a memory bear makes a great retirement gift, what a great idea. I love that you record them on your blog, it's fascinating to see how each different fabric gives them a different character. I've got 4 more to order myself but am still not quite ready to part with daddy's sports jacket. No idea how long it will be yet! Strange innit, and absolutely proof that the bears are such an important memory tool!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I could bearly contain myself with admiration for all those lovely bears you made and all the challenges you overcame making them. Most impressive, dear. Happy WOYWW from # 2.

Lindart said...

The Memory Bears are such a great idea, and you do them so well! Hopefully those grandchildren will have wonderful memories of their Grandfather with those bears. It's so nice how you are so careful to get things just right with the bears, to make them perfect for the recipient. You have passion and love in those bears! Have a great week, Lindart #17

BJ said...

Love all your little bears and their stories, all making me smile, super jobsssssssssssss Hugs BJ#13