Friday 7 July 2023

This week's smiles.....week 520

 Another week and I have plenty to smile about.  My biggest smile was that I finished the latest bag full of factory sewing....it was a lot of hard work but they have been collected now.  :-) :-) ;-)




I'm sure you my orchids will make you smile but if you look a little closer you might notice a special visitor on the bird feeder outside .... I took the photo from my chair in the sitting room and the woodpecker came back to feed several times :-) :-)






Three of my grandchildren are moving up to secondary school in September and have all been for taster days this week....and thankfully all have really enjoyed it.
Here's the twins wearing their leavers hoodies.






This is Stephen wearing his hoodie and his sisters have lined up in their hoodies for a photo shoot....they are such lovely keepsakes of their times at primary school.

They are all growing up far too quickly that's for sure.






Of course it wouldn't be a Friday without a few funnies and I hope I've found something to make you smile here.

Please leave me a message so I know you've called in and, if you can, please link up to your own smiles below.
Hugs,
Annie x










7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm envious. Why didn't they have those hoodies and remembrances when I was in school? All we got was a note telling to which Jr. High or High School we would go. Wonderful shots of the grands with the hoodies and celebrations.

I admit I had a time finding the woodpecker. It blended so well with the feeder.

I laughed like crazy about the post had been removed. And from my time as a teaching assistant, I can truly relate to the teacher tee, too!! Have a really lovely Friday, Annie and a great weekend, too.

Twiglet said...

Fab snap of your Woodie! Those leavers tops are a lovely idea and yes they are growing up far too quickly. Love the funny about thanking a teacher.😀

Iris Flavia said...

That is SO cool with the sweaters! We don´t have anything like it - sad!
Very cute, you must be pretty proud.

But for the woodpecker I had to zoom in. Clever shot.
Love your funnies, too, esp the last one.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Yes I can read that and worse too. The hoodies are a brilliant idea and they even look good. We used to get thoose woodpeckers but not seen any for ages. Good collection of funnies too. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Oh I like the hoodies. None of my boys had anything like that when they left. Some took a school shirt in for their friends to sign but the school tried, (unsuccessfully) to ban this.
How lucky to have a woodpecker visiting your garden.That's special!
Your funnies really made me smile this week. Kate x

Lisca said...

What a great idea to do leavers hoodies. We never had anything like that. Although I did buy a sweatshirt when I left my secondary school in 1971 ( I still have it).
I didn’t recognise the woodpecker at first, but now I see him!
Woodies and hoodies, that rhymes!,
The funnies had me in stitches, especially the last one. Unfortunately a lot of teachers can’t spell. Very sad.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

cute hoodie pics and birdfeeder shot
LeeAnna