Wednesday 27 May 2020

WOYWW....

What a lovely day we had last Wednesday with our Anniversary celebrations.  I took a couple of hours off to visit as many blogs as I could because I had been a bad blogger the previous couple of weeks and had been unable to leave any comments.....life work sometimes just gets in the way and I'm a great believer that while the work is needing doing I have to get it done.  The demand for face masks has eased a little over the last few days so I have managed to build up my stock of them and actually took Sunday and Monday off from sewing....it was much needed as I had worked every day since 17th April and even this workoholic needs to take a break now and then. So here's my shares for today....



Here's my basket full of completed face masks....I feel a bit like an old peddlar woman at times with my basket full of wares :-)

I have now sold nearly 780 masks and have made and given away many more too....never a dull moment eh?

 Aldi's sent us an email to say their fat quarters were on sale so the two piles on the left just fell into my basket [well, I had used most of my supply so it needed to be replenished].
The other fabric is what I have been buying from Cabin Crafts from on Facebook...Denise always provides a reliably brilliant service and the fabric is really lovely to sew with so she comes highly recommended from me [she has already sent me 4 huge parcels full of fabrics and there just might be another one in the post due to arrive today].





On top of the face masks I have had a steady flow of Memory bears to make...the two bottom right are school bears, the bottom right one was made out of a Grandma's nightie and it really made a very special little bear and the top three were made out of the tops that belonged to a lady who ran a local pub....and these three were loved so much that today I have been asked to make another one.

I always love repeat orders.






So folks, today I will be making a Memory bear but I do plan to visit as many blogs that I can...but even the best plans fail at times so just believe me that I will be doing my best.
Hugs to you all,
Annie x

17 comments:

Anne said...

Hello Annie - as busy as ever - I would expect nothing less.
That is quite an achievement re the masks. Take care. Anne X

Sarah Brennan said...

I am glad you have managed to snatch a couple of days off Annie. However important the work, you have to look after yourself too. well done with the face masks. The memory bears are special too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Twiglet said...

So glad you have managed to keep your little business afloat during this miserable time. So many others have probably sunk so well done to you. Your little bears will be so loved. xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'll have to have a look at Cabin Crafts, I like supporting smaller businesses - there may be a parcel of fabric winging its way to me as well. Well, it's got to be done!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Unknown said...

Yes I am recognising a lot of my fabrics there. You are doing an amazing job, and all looking lovely x

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. As you say - never a dull moment in your house!!! Sounds like your little push for Cabin crafts is already working its magic!! So much done in the week, Annie - well done.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #5

sandra de said...

Well Annie, if anyone deserved a rest it would have to be you after all the amazing projects you have sewn for essential workers and memory bears for loved ones. Truly amazing. Enjoy your rest and stay safe.
Sandra de @15

Sue Jones said...

Wow that's so impressive, over 780 masks well done. your bears are so lovely . Have fun making today . Love Soojay #27

Neet said...

I am so glad for you that your little business has not suffered, I say 'little' a bit tongue in cheek because you are so busy by the looks of today's blog and you say you had a couple of days off.
Lots of lovely sewing there. I do hope Alan is improving and maybe home. Hopefully Elizabeth will post and there will be good news.
Hugs, Neet 9xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Hello again! It's been too long! But I'm so glad that you are still desking and I come and visit your lovely stitchiness again. I think I have an ATC of yours or Twiglet's maybe? Who knew that you'd need all your carefully curated fabrics to make so many masks! Well done on that achievement. I tried to sew some headbands with the buttons on a few weeks ago and I managed to go through 4 different sewing machines so I gave up! I'll wait until we are allowed to people again and the local servicing lady can come and help me. Best wishes, Lisa-Jane (#23)

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, it's always lovely to see the bears, and to hear how many repeat orders you get. Love those stacks of fabric, very pretty they are.What an amazing total of masks you've made! Have a great week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #17 X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, well done at getting all those masks made and the lovely bears too. You asked about the stamps and yes they are all stuck down. I trimmed each one and then glued them down one at a time. It took a while to do but now I can scan the finished design and re-colour it too so it's worth the time taken. Think I might do a Christmas one too. Happy creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x19x

Diana Taylor said...

The little memory bears are gorgeous, I think it's a wonderful idea .
Have a good week,
Diana x #21

Caro said...

Wow Annie! 780 masks! Love the memory bears, they are all gorgeous. Happy WOYWW. Stay safe my friend, and I hope you have a good week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#4)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That's a tremendous amount of masks Annie but so good to see you have had time to stitch up some of those marvellous memory bears this week, they really do make me smile, such wonderful things. Happy WoywW Tracey #16 x

Lanniesmum said...

Busy lady as always and the bears are all lovely. It’s warm here today but too hot for me to sew outside so I waited inside for some deliveries and sewed In the cool house. Norrie was in the garage making a shelf for the bedroom to hold some little nice bits and pieces. Stay safe. X Catriona

Shoshi said...

My goodness Annie, what a hive of industry! Well done! As always, I love your memory bears.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #22