Friday 15 May 2020

This week's smiles....week 371

Here we are at the end of another week of lockdown...and we are still safe and well thankfully.  I'm being kept very busy with making face masks but I'm never too busy to do a quick round up of the smiles from the last week...



Theo is showing me the beautiful blooms on their peony plant in the first pic.  The original plant came from the garden of his Great Grandad's and both us and Mark have now got blooms on the plants I grew from the cuttings so these are rather special to us.
He enjoyed making a teepee with his mummy and daddy in their back garden.
Gina and Theo are posing wearing their face masks I made for them in the bottom pic :-)



Sam is playing the electric guitar that his Uncle Mark has loaned him....and is already doing well with it....he likes to record tunes he's playing and send us the videos :-)






Phoebe and Lulu are watering the tomato plants we gave them. They look to be growing well for them too.



These are this week's latest blooms from our garden I thought you'd like to see.



Finally I saw this on Facebook and it made me chuckle....this time last year I never imagined I would be making the amounts of face masks I am making ....and my quilt fabrics have certainly been put to good use now.

That's all from me for this week.  Stay safe and happy everyone.
Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You certainly have a lot to smile about this week, Annie. The children take center stage and they are all SO adorable.

I saw where you, with your husband cutting, were making masks now. How awesome. I made four and they were a bit of a disaster, especially since I had no elastic. So glad you are doing your part for the community. In the states, we aren't supposed to leave home unless we are wearing a mask. I hope the same is true in the UK.

Your flowers are looking beautiful. You definitely have a green thumb. Have a super Friday and a lovely weekend, too, dear. Sorry I missed last week. I was too sick to sit up, much less participate.

Helen said...

My mask will be getting it's first outing tomorrow when I go to do my weekly shop..Always good to see your flowers blooming in your garden. Take care and stay safe.

Lisca said...

I read Wednesday's blog too and saw your hubby helping you make all those masks. Well done you. You deserve a medal, or should I say: a T-shirt! They are all so pretty.
The photos of the children are such fun. They look healthy and happy.
I am impressed with the peony, and it is a real heirloom.
Sam is really taking to the guitar. Bless him. He is learning fast. That's the way to do it. Practice every day and keep going.He'll be another Eric Clapton one day!
Great tomato plants. Well done girls! I have planted some tomatoes too. We bought some little plants to have a head start. It was fairly recently that we planted them.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, so pleased to hear you're all doing well. Good to see the children keeping busy too. Loving the garden, we are so lucky to have somewhere nice like that as so many people don't have a garden at all. The T-Shirt is brilliant, so clever who ever thought it up. Take care and keep stitching! Hugs, Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

Love the T shirt!! I am joining in this week - you will love to see my Josephine!!! xxx

mamapez5 said...

That is a lovely smiley post. Theo seems to enjoy all he does. My dad loved his peonies but as a child I found they often had ants in them and it put me off. Just after the war I was a three-year old bridesmaid for my second eldest sister and I had a bunch of peonies to hold. While the photos were being taken I gradually pulled all the petals off my flowers and they made a circle around my feet. (I am not allowed to forget that!).
Well done to Sam, mastering an electric guitar. That is not easy.
I love the honeysuckle in your garden. I tried to grow some here but it didn't do well.
It is good you are making masks. I believe it is important to wear one in public places. Kate x

Lanniesmum said...

I’m guessing it was colder down your way as I see some outdoor jackets on. I love the tepee-that’s the kind of thing I miss about retirement. My classes always had things like that built by the pupils and I for their play. Our daughter and her Dad built many great playthings from scrappy bits. Bit cooler and much windier here but the threatened rain hasn’t come yet. Catriona

Lynn Holland said...

Lovely to see your little ones Annie. See you Wednesday xxx