Friday 29 May 2020

This week's smiles....week 373

Here we are at my round up of smiles that I write each Friday and I invite all to join in to share their smiles.  There is more than enough sad/bad news about so please help me to bring a few smiles into our friends lives each week.

My sales of masks seem to be easing off now [thankfully] so it's allowing me rather nore time to do what's needing to be done.  I've made lots of Memory bears over the last couple of weeks and the one lady that I made three for came back for another one because she loved them so much....and that always makes me smile. :-) :-)

Saturday morning I had a message from a Bank manager from London asking me if I could provide them with face masks.....lots of them!!  I'm really not sure I will get a firm order but it really made me smile that they even considered little old me for the job.....so if I do get an order I may be looking for out workers :-) :-)

Here's a few more smiles I can share with you all....





Steve has been having his football training lessons over the internet with his instructor so the lap top has been put under the tree so he can train in the shade.




Lexi has been having her dance lessons over the internet and here she is doing the scorpion pose for me.



Our garden just keeps on giving.  The Rhododendrom top middle is another bush that's now out in full bloom...it's a bit pinker than the one on my new blog header.  The bees, butterflies and insects are loving all the flowers we have blooming and we have even seen a damsel fly and a woodpecker in the garden this week but sadly I wasn't quick enough to capture in on film.

Finally here's a snap to make you laugh.  We filled a paddling pool up thinking Milly would enjoy the cool water but she will only go close to it to drink and won't venture in so I thought I would show her just how lovely and cool it was by putting my hot feet in it....she wasn't convinced sadly.

Please leave me a little hello comment so I know you've dropped by and then link up to your own smiles to help make the world a happier place to be.
Hugs,
Annie x

12 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Phew you have been so busy! 780 masks!! Love the shot of the foot spa, how strange that Millie isn’t bothered; perhaps like me she`d prefer it to be warm as a bath and surrounded by candles!! Really impressed that Lexi and Steve are still having lessons, how brilliant that is. Loving that huge pile of fat quarters on your desk. I now after your Marathon sting you can probably only save masks in them, but it does look like a pile of possibilities, doesn’t it!

Twiglet said...

Is there room for me in that foot spa if I promise to sit 6 feet away and s t r e t c h!!!! Gorgeous colour in your garden. I will pop round and see it safely next week if I can. xxxx

Lanniesmum said...

We’ve got scorching weather here Now too and it’s just not our thing. I love your footbath as hot feet make me hot and bothered! Good luck if you get a huge order for masks-wish I lived nearer and could help. Happy weekend from Catriona.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, you will have realised now that terriers do not like water except to drink. We did have one funny moment with Stan when for no apparent reason he started splashing around in a bowl I use to wash their feet. He was very young at the time and he's never done it again still you've found some use for the water. I'm sure I have a photograph and I'll try and find it for next week. Good to see the children keeping busy and the garden continues to give so much pleasure. It will be interesting to see if the bank order but you need to give it some thought whether it might just be a bit too much work or do you want to take the business to the next stage. Take care and enjoy the nice weather. Hugs, Angela xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Seems I fell asleep before I could link today. Sounds like your sewing skills have reached the big time, especially if you get a large order of masks. Lexi is SO limber. Good that Steve is keeping up with his soccer too. And of course, your garden looks so much prettier than mine. Have a great Friday and weekend, too.

mamapez5 said...

How lovely to have enough sun to need a foot cooler! Our dogs are just the same. You would think they'd be glad of a cool down, especially mid-summer out here, and they both have such thick coats, but they won't come near water. When we get in the pool they run away and hide up by their beds.
It is good to see the young ones keeping up with their sports/hobbies, and being active. it is amazing what they can do with a bit of online help these days.
You must be so tired of making masks. They are readily available here. We bought a few at the village farmacia this week and they only cost a few cents.
I think your services may be needed for a while yet. Kate x

*Vicki* said...

Wow! I have to say that I just LOVE your wonderful garden here! What beautifiul flowers!! That looks like a fantastic place to escape to for sure! That is awesome about you making those masks! I have donated some cards and my sister in law has made some masks for our local hospital as well. We love our flowers in the garden as it's a wonderful place to escape to and get some sun. It's just now starting to get nice around here and we're thankful to be able to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing!! :) Stay well and happy!

J said...

Your garden and flowers are beautiful, you have been so busy making so many masks, I’m not too good at sewing but I didn’t make one each but now we have been given two each free when we collected our meds, they aren’t as pretty as the ones you’ve made though.

Our GSs in San Francisco have been having piano lessons with their teacher online and our eldest still has his after school maths with his tutor, he thought he had escaped them!

Have a great weekend

Jan x

Lisca said...

Football training and dance lessons over the Internet! The mind boggles. Steve and Lexi are lucky children. They can continue to develop their skills and hobbies. My respect to all those teachers that have adapted and learnt new skills themselves and are so creative in keeping the children interested.
Your flowers are spectacular! So colourful.
My biggest smile was definitely that lady with her feet in the doggie pool! Strange that Millie won't go in the water. Does she jump in the river or a puddle? Perhaps she doesn't feel so hot.
In the meantime you can enjoy the cool water on your tootsies and if hubby occupies the other seat, he can put his feet in too!
Have a great weekend,
Stay safe and take care,
Hugs,
Lisca

Helen said...

that's one heck of a lot of masks! Love the paddling pool. it looks very comfy. (yes, I am home now safe and well)

Karen said...

I hope that order comes through! How exciting ~ Your flowers are so beautiful! Glad you found a good way to cool off too ~ Blessings!

Lynn Holland said...

Yep you succeeded in making me laugh. That pic with your feet in the paddling pool. Milly obviously doesn’t know a good thing when she sees it haha.
I bow before you my friend in absolute admiration for all the work you are doing. It’s no wonder you haven’t got your hands in that pond xxx