Wednesday 17 July 2019

WOYWW.....

Well hello to all my Wednesday visitors.  It's such a special day of the week catching up with lots of creative friends all around the world ....and I love it.  It's been a week filled with promise of up and coming orders of my Memory bears....
  • One lady is posting her items of clothing for 1 bear
  • Another lady is bringing items of clothing for 2 bears
  • and another lady is posting me 3 shirts to make 3 bears from
  • But on top of that I have had a man from Motherwell in Scotland asking if I can make him 20 bears!!!!!....I never hold my breath while waiting for any of my orders to materialise [did you see what I did there?] but orders like that sure do get my heart pounding for a few minutes.
On top of that you will remember that my two little Brownies had faith in me that I could turn their Brownie hoodies into special cushions with all their badges on ....well, what a labour of love that was.
I had to remove the biggest part of all the badges I had previously sewn on to reposition them so that all the badges they had would fit on their cushions and of course sew them all back on in their new places.....


Then I had to sew the two sides together to make the cushion covers.  I am really chuffed with the results and can just imagine two little faces when they see them....it makes all the hard work so worth it doesn't it?


...the front of the one and the back of the other.....what lovely keepsakes for them eh?

That's all from me for this week..short and sweet [for me].....hope I get a gold star this week Julia :-)
Hope you all have a great week....and my orders for bears flood in soon.
Hugs,
Annie x

18 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

I love what you’ve done with the brownie badges, I’d never given it a thought before now as to what happens to them when they finish. Well done Annie, great idea and keepsake. As for the Scottish bear order, there was a deep intake of breath when I read that. Good luck if it comes off
Lynn xxx

Helen said...

They had a great idea and you executed it perfectly! hoping you bear orders come in.. 20 would be a good challenge!! Helen #6

Claire said...

What a wonderful idea! I wish my mum had kept my old uniform - I had sooo many badges :)
Happy WOYWW!
Claire no. 4

Twiglet said...

Great post Annie - that poppy header is a stunner. xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Those cushions are a great idea - they'll be thrilled with them! Blimey, 20 bears in one order..I wonder why he wants that many? Sorry, being nosy again ;-)
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Neet said...

Do spill the beans on the 20 order if it arrives (fingers crossed).
Well done on the cushions, my 'Guide badges are sewn on a tabard which was worn over whatever when sitting around the camp fire at night singing my many GG songs. Are the girls going up to Guides?
Hugs, Neet xx 1

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Oh, wow, 20 bears on top of your regular orders - you'll be one very busy lady over the summer. The brownie cushions look fantastic - what a wonderful memento for those little brownies to treasure forever! Wishing you lots of time so you can crack on with these orders and after that, I think you'll need to take a holiday, Annie! Happy Wednesday! zsuzsa #23

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I'm still chuckling at what you must have looked like when you received that inquiry from the man in Motherwell - just wish I'd been there to see your face :) Love the cushions which will, indeed, be a forever reminder of the girls' Brownie experiences. You'll need to show us your 'gold star' next Wednesday. Hugs, Ellie x #24

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant cushions, love them. It will be interesting to see what fabric stuff appears from Scotland to make so many bears. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x13x

Dorlene Durham said...

Wow! You're going to be busy with all those bear orders. Love the Brownies pillows. They are a great memory piece! Have a great week. Dorlene #29

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, wow, what a lot of bears! The cushions are fab, and yet another 'memory' item for your repertoire, I think.Pretty sure they'd be really popular. Eyes have cleared enough to be able to type now,lol. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #16 X

Catriona said...

Cushions are lovely and will be much loved I’m sure. You are certainly going to be busy with the bears!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Those brownie cushions came out great.

Sarah Brennan said...

You may just have started a new line to go with your memory bears there Annie: Memory cushions. Hope all the orders materialise! Happy WOYWW. Sraah #2

Diana Taylor said...

I love what you've done with the Brownie badges - what a lovely keepsake and clever idea. Good luck with your order for 20 bears - that's going to keep you busy and out of mischief for quite a while!
Have a great week,
Diana x #18

Caro said...

The brownie badge cushions are wonderful! I am a terrible Mummy - I havent even sewn Alex's badges onto his uniform yet - that's how terrible I am at sewing! Have a great week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#14)

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, I do wish I had kept my daughter's brownies and guides uniform and do something similar. I have all their athletics badges and swimming badges somewhere - might have a think what to do with them. Wow, 20 bears would be a big order - thag would keep you busy for a while! Have a lovely week Heather xx #11

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Cool! I'm sure my youngest daughter, who was a Brownie, would have loved to have her vest turned into a pillow. Happy belated WOYWW!