Wednesday 10 July 2019

WOYWW....

Oh what a week it's been here at Sewing by Annie's.....bears, bears, more bears plus a rail filled with sewing....so I'd say it's been a busy one for me.



As promised here are the 4 bears I was making last Wednesday that I said I would share with you today [many of you have already seen these on my Facebook page....in fact they have been seen by over 8000 people!!!].  :-)






Since then I've made this one from a much loved hubby's trousers and shirts.  I added a little pocket on the front and embroidered his initial on it.  :-)





That one was seen by my next customer who wanted a bear making from her hubby's shirt so she also wanted his initial putting on a little pocket on the front. :-)






Then came a little school bear for a young man leaving to go to 'big' school....this was the school I went to one or two years ago.  :-)




Next was a bear wanted in memory of a man who as you can see was a sports man who took part in many sporting challenges.



And finally was this little Theresa bear wanted in memory of a lady who played in a local rounders team....this one was wanted for her funeral.


What a lot of bears I've made this week and each one has a story to tell....I really love making each and every one.



On top of that little lot I've also filled my sewing rail with...
  • 2 pair of trousers I've taken in at the waist and seat
  • 1 pair of trousers I've shortened
  • a winter's coat I've shortened the sleeves on and 
  • a dress I've taken in.
Hanging on the rail is also 2 pair of my leggings that as yet I've not had time to shorten.....what is it they say about a cobler's wife walking bare footed?  :-)




The last photo I'm sharing is this....its the mystery plant Elizabeth identified for me correctly as Purple Loosestrife a few weeks back.  It's now in full bloom and the bees and insects are loving it.

Sorry it's such a long post from me for today [I'm sure Julia will having me writing lines now....I must write shorted posts....I must write shorted posts.....I must write shorted posts.....].  Thanks for sticking with me to the end and for your, as always, lovely comments.  I will do my best to pay you a visit ASAP.
Hugs,
Annie x

18 comments:

Helen said...

Look at all those bears! enough for a picnic for sure... Your purple loosestrife is looking fabulous. Helen #2

Twiglet said...

Early start today!! Those bears are so lovely - each one will be such a little treasure ad much loved. xx Jo

Catriona said...

I love every one of the little bears-what joy they will bring to their owners. X

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Those Bears really are adorable I love their Belly Buttons!! You put more and more smiles on faces every week Annie. I'm so glad i'm one of them.
Thanks for sharing WoywW Hugs Tracey #8
P.S So glad the Bee's are enjoying you now identified plant, beautiful flowers.

Shoshi said...

I think your memory bears are just gorgeous. It's such a beautiful idea - so touching. Every one of them is going to be treasured so much. What a lot of joy and comfort you are bringing people!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #9

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The wedding dress bears turned out really beautifully! Come on, sort out your leggings, I've got this vision of you hopping around the house with long leggings that come over your feet!!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Glenda said...

Just love all the sweet little bears. Happy WOYWW! Glenda #16

Marit said...

I don't think your post was too long, I did read (and enjoy!) it all... those bears are fab, as always. I love the 'sports-bear'! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #18

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Love all of those bears Annie, they really are quite special indeedy! Hard to pick a fav but think it’s the wedding dress bears, beautiful flowers too, amazing!
Happy WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #20

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

sandra de said...

Every bear has its unique personality and so lovely that your breathe life into each one.
sandra de

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your return visit, Annie. Yes, I've been quite busy with my cooking! And I'm enjoying getting my recipes organised at last.

Shoshi #9

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, wonderful to see so many bears! All gorgeous as always. Glad you got the plant identified.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Elizabeth said...

Oh Annie, so many beautiful bears. You do well to part with them, I'm not sure I could. So nice to see the plants in flower - very bright and cheery. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Ellie x #25

Caro said...

What a gorgeous selection of bears! All so cute and different. You really have had a very busy week. Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#15)

Neet said...

Gosh Annie, it is an "and breathe" moment. You have been so busy. Love the quartet of MB's and all the ones that follow - it would be hard to choose a favourite but afterall it is mainly about memories isn't it.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like somebody's been having a busy week. Gorgeous bears, love them. Wishing you a lovely week and a happy woyww, Angela x14x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for stopping by. I always peek at your Smile post. Your grands are growing so fast Glad to see your found out about that beautiful plant. never heard of it here. A great group of bears once again, I think you could do them in your sleep !! eNJOY A LOVELY week.

Sarah Brennan said...

A fabulous collection of memory bears Annie, I am sure the recipients loved each and every one. I don't mind longer posts, the flowers in your garden are beautiful. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4