Friday 26 July 2019

This week's smiles....week 331

Oh what a week...there's been so much to smile about this week so here goes with the pics...


We spent the weekend trying out our new Motor home on a campsite in the Forrest of Dean and really loved it.....so did Milly :-)

I think she thought the new fixed bed was hers!




On the way home on Sunday my darling hubby surprised me by taking a detour past the little church in Upton Bishop where over 40 years ago my Mum and Dad were married.  Mum and Dad sadly lost their first little girl when she was only 13 months old and she is buried in the churchyard here too so it was a rather emotional visit but so lovely.....I'd only been there once before as a child but I remembered it so well.



Sunday evening we went to watch Lexi taking part at a dance performance of all ages.  She performed 2 tap and one ballet dance with her group and was a real little star.



Saturday there was a local music festival organised in aid of a cancer charity and Mark, Gina, Theo and some of their friends went.....I really love this photo.


This photo really made me laugh...Lexi is playing in a tray full of slime....rather her than me!!

While the twins were playing in their back garden they had some visitors.....





....In through their back gate waddled over 16 ducks from the pond over the road from their new house.  The twins feed them and they have become really tame and when they got up yesterday morning the bottom pic shows you who was waiting at their front door when the twins got up....think they were after their breakfast.


My last smile today is this one of Milly who had made herself comfy on Theo's booster cushion that I made him....she likes to make herself comfy anywhere :-)

That's my smiles for you this week.

I'm sure we will have lots to smile about over the weekend because it my darling hubby's last day at work today.....

Happy Retirement Doddy.  Love you lots and here's hoping we can enjoy many happy years together in the next phase of our lives.

Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Helen said...

some great pics to make you smile on a Friday morning. love the ducklings! Good luck to Doddy in his retirement.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have some colorful covers and a beautiful duvet on your new bed. Nice that Milly can easily find her food.

There is something so British and SO charming about country churches. We don't have those in the states, at least none I've ever seen. They remind me of the British shows I watch on TV.

Congrats to Lexi. How she has grown over the years!

I wonder if the music festival is the same one an internet friend of mine was talking about. The drummer of a group called "Barefoot Soul" was their son. It sounds like it may have been the same festival. If you talk to Mark and Gina, you might ask them if they learned the name of the band that played. I agree that's a fabulous photo. Loved Theo's wellies.

Oh goop! Lexi looked like she had a lot of fun at least. And those 16 ducks were simply acting as the welcoming committee at their new place! In return, they learned that the twins were good neighbors!

Happy retirement to your husband, dear Annie. Have a great Friday and awesome weekend, too.

Lisca said...

What a great post! So many smiles. Even your emotional visit to the church your parents got married in was a big smile. What a gorgeous little church.
Of course the kiddiwinks are great. Well done Lexi for being a star (literally) Hasn't she grown up!
And the ducks are so cute, They will come from now on every morning!
Slime? Yuck! I don't know why children love it so much!
I'm glad you are enjoying your new campercan. Your bed covers are clear enough but Milly just doesn't take any notice, bless her.
I agree, a great photo of Mark and Tina.a at the music festival.
Yes, a new era in your life begins. Happy retirement hubby!
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie and Doddy, I know you're going to enjoy your retirement as you have so many happy things to look forward too. Milly is so funny, the look on her face is priceless. The little church reminds me of where my hubby and I got married, so maybe we'll re-visit it sometime. Have a great weekend, hoping it cools down a bit. Hugs, Angela xXx

Catriona said...

Lovely photos and my favourite is the small Festival goer with his wellies on! Happy retirement day to you dear husband and tomorrow is the first day of the rest of you lives together. X

Twiglet said...

So many reasons to smile there Annie! Have a fab weekend! xx Jo

Elizabeth said...

Lots of lovely happy photos, Annie. Glad to see Milly approves of the new camper - most important. The children are obviously enjoying the summer break so far, despite the heat. And the ducks are adorable visitors - let them loose in the garden and they will clear the slugs in no time at all. Happy, happy retirement to Doddy from us both - no longer a wage-slave, here's to many happy years of freedom ahead. Hugs, Ellie xx

mamapez5 said...

Lots to smile at there Annie. I just love the ducks. What fun for the children to have them so close and so friendly.
I am glad you liked the new motor home. I hope you have loads of enjoyable outings together in it.
It is a good thing Milly enjoys it too, though it looks to me as though she enjoys being wherever you are. A true little furry friend.
I don't fancy the tray of slime, but I expect it helped her to keep cool.
have a good week. Kate xx
(By the way. I am sure you have commented on my blog but I haven't received anything from you since 6th July x)