Wednesday 26 June 2019

WOYWW....

Well folks what a busy week I've had here at Sewing by Annie's.  It's not so much what's on my work desk but what's on my rail today....

This little lot all came in Monday!!  It was very much a case of one in and one out with my customers and, as always, everyone wanted it by Friday [including the man who wanted me to take his shorts in at the waist for him....yes I could have done it if he could have actually brought them to me! but these days I refuse to work out of hours and even though his mum could have brought them to me I didn't think it would work well fitting them on her!! much to his surprise].
On my rail....and now finished and ready for collection is...
  • 4 dresses taken up at the shoulders
  • 1 top taken up at the shoulders
  • 1 waistcoat stitched up at the front
  • 1 ball gown shortened 2 hems
  • 2 pair of trousers shortened
  • 1 pair trousers let out at the waist and seat
I did also have another lady who wanted to bring a dress this morning to have major alterations done on a prom dress by tomorrow night but surprisingly enough I could neither guarantee I could do what she wanted or tell her if I could do it in time until I'd actually seen it on her daughter.  A certain saying came to mind....The impossible I do at once but miracles take a little longer! Don't you agree?



Of course I do have my latest little Memory bear to share with you.....he's to be use as a draw prize to raise money for a local Ukulele band and is made out of one of their t shirts.....I think he will be wearing a Ukulele badge too.  That brings my completed bear numbers up to 242 now :-)

As you can see it's been a busy one here but I'm buzzing and love it.

If you leave me a little message to let me know you've called in I will do my best to pay you a return visit when I can.
Hugs,
Annie x

20 comments:

Catriona said...

Early birds read the blog first! I was pegging out washing at 6am having been up since five this morning. Busy bee as always and I totally agree that you should not work out of hours. I find people who can’t sew expect the impossible because they have no idea how long good work takes! I have WOWW’ed on FB this morning. X

Helen said...

Some people really do expect the impossible! You have packed a load in this week though! Helen #2

Lynn Holland said...

I’m up in the Lake District meeting up with two blog friends today and just popping by to see what you’ve been upto and can see it’s been a full on week for you again. I hope everyone appreciates your efforts Annie.
Lynn xx 13

Neet said...

Well, your business has certainly taken off and despite all the alterations (and requests that were impossible) you managed to fit in no 242 memory Bear. Well done on another busy week Annie.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Twiglet said...

Aw Ukulele bear is gorgeous - he will be a popular choice for the draw I am sure. xx Jo

Glenda said...

People who don't sew have no idea what is involved to do some stitches! No way could I do what you do. Trying to please people is the worst!
Glenda #23

Lunch Lady Jan said...

People are odd aren't they? How can you possibly alter something to fit if they're not there to try it on!! Thank you for the box of bits, I'm off now in an hour to help set up the stall.
Hugs LLJ 10
PS Oh, and I didn't buy any fabric at the stalls as I've bought quite a lot recently. Next time.....

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, and totally agree about people wanting stuff done in ridiculous time frames!They seem to have no idea of whats involved. I've been asked if I can do a personalised Wedding card before now, for the next day! And I was at work then too! Just not happening.
That bear is going to be a great fundraiser for them, and wow, thats a lot of Memory Bears, and a lot of happy customers too. Have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #4 X

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, you do get asked to do the most impossible tasks! People are so funny. But you have been busy and the latest memory bear is adorable too - Snoopy-Cupcake agrees. Yes, I've given her a double-barrelled name - I simply couldn't decide between two. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Ellie x #24

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

How lovely to be busy doing what you love so much Annie it's a joy to see you so happy in your little crafty workplace. I did laugh about the shorts, Men really do not have a clue do they!! Lovely newly sewn Bear, he'll look extra special with his badge on. 242 what a wonderful number of people hugging a special memory. Happy WoywW Tracey #17

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Annie, busy indeed. I know you are good but even you are not capable of miracles, some people really have no idea do they! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I don't know what goes through the mind of some people. I think they believe that you are sitting there waiting for them to arrive and that you don't have anything else to do. The new bear is a sweetie and love the colour. Wishing you a lovely creative woyww and thanks for your lovely comment, Angela x11x

Caro said...

WoW Annie, you really have had an incredibly busy week! Had to laugh about the chap with his shorts - some people are clueless aren't they! Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm laughing a bit, Annie. That was SO funny how people don't get the concept of alterations. It really made me smile.

Once again, thank you SO much for the ATC AND the mug rug. Loved the poem on the back, too. Happy WOYWW from #1.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow, you've had a very busy week! The bear is adorable, as usual.

craftyani said...

You usually find people who want alterations done for the next day have had the item for weeks, just too idle to bring it in. Laughed about the guy with the shorts. Have a good week and don't work too hard. Ani #18

Anne said...

Hello Annie. People really don't understand do they! :-) Have had similar experiences. Looking forward to second bear arriving :-) Anne X 14

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I don't know how you fitted in all work in such a short time. I find that most people who do not craft themselves have no conception of the time their requests will take. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #9

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your teddy bear for the Ukulele band fundraiser is precious! I've enjoyed sewing in the past, but all I've used my sewing machine for in the past decades is hemming pants. Happy WOYWW!

Marit said...

Oh my goodness... that's a lot of sewing you got done. You are indeed the queen of the impossible - you even visited my blog in between! I am late with my visit back due to tropical days in the Netherlands (too warm to sit at the computer in the atelier - too hot to do anything really...) Warm hug from Holland, Marit #7