Friday 28 June 2019

This week's smiles....week 327

So many weeks are whizzing by and each one comes with so many smiles....I feel blessed.



They had a WWF day at school so they each child had to go dressed up as something that was on the endangered list so here we have a Panther, a Jaguar and a Flamingo....of course, what else could they be?  I really love how their school takes part in so many things cos the children learn so much more when they are having fun.





Theo is showing his Grandad how he can match his colours and fasten  buttons and poppers and count each one in turn.



Here they are playing marbles together....I think Theo heard that his Grandad was losing his marbles and he's helping him to find them  :-)






This week's garden treasures....there's something new to smile about each week.  The bees, butterflies and insects are really enjoying the flowers too.




The strawberries are ripening fast and furious now....this makes me smile but I think Theo enjoys them even more than me :-)



Our son Mark sent me this pic....he says that he now knows why we have a Motor home :-)

I hope I've made something that's made you smile this week and you will share your smiles by linking them below.....everyone is welcome to join in the fun.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I just woke sitting in my computer chair. I MUST get sleep, then I'll be back to leave a proper comment

Lisca said...

Hi Annie,
What a lovely post full of nice things. I love the children dressed up for WWF week. I didn't know flamingos are endangered. We have lots of them on the salt flats near Cabo de Gata not far from here.
Your garden flowers are gorgeous. I understand it is sunny and warm in England at the moment, so your strawberries will ripen even more.
I had to smile at your funnie. It certainly is a good way of avoiding offspring moving back home.
Have a lovely weekend in the sun,
Hugs,
Lisca

Catriona said...

Lovely ideas for WWF week and all using what was available to the children-well done to the children. Can’t believe it’s four weeks since we saw the strawberries-so lush and edible now. Very hot here this morning and I am off to a meeting of an older peopele’s organisation-apparently I am now officially an older person!! And I love it. X

Twiglet said...

Oh such lovely photos - love the costumes! xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, great photos and little Theo is growing so fast that I'm sure he gets bigger every week. I love to see the children getting involved in school activities and they're obviously enjoying it. There are so many skills they learn from doing things like this. The strawberries look good, we've had an absolute glut this season and we're eating them with everything. I think it's the warm, wet weather that's brought them on so well. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

It is lovely that the children are encouraged to join in with so many different ideas. Their costumes look great. We have lots of flamingos around here, so I didn't know they are endangered.
Theo is doing well with his colours and counting, and he is so lucky to have Grandad there to share his book with.
Your garden is lovely as ever. I am sure the bees and other insects are enjoying your spell of nice weather.
The picture at the end made me smile. I wonder whether that is subconsciously why we moved to Spain!
Hope the sun continues to shine for you. Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's wonderful to see the children dressing up in their endangered species costumes. Here in the states, Flamingos are protected under the Migratory Bird Act. I DO like how they and their schools participate in so many different events children in the states seem to not even be aware of.

Theo is doing well with his colors and numbers, and I bet he is still loving those strawberries, too.

I have absolutely ZERO flowers growing in my flower bed at the moment, so your flowers look AMAZING.

Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend. Sorry I took so long to answer today. I'm trying to get on a better "child friendly" schedule.