Wednesday 19 June 2019

WOYWW.....

Hello all and welcome to my weekly catch up on what's been going on this week here at Sewing by Annie's.  

It's been another busy and varied week with everything from.....



The next Bridesmaids dresses to alter....the big one is actually a lovely purple in colour and the little flowers I've sewn on the front of the little dress are the same purple to match....very pretty too.



Gina and Mark had  large curtains cut down to make smaller ones to fit the windows in their new house so of course what was cut off was perfect to make two large floor cushions to match.  I used the curtain lining to make big cushions then made the cushion covers to match the curtains....they already have smaller cushions to match.


Little Theo says he's a big bot now and was far too big to want to sit on the plastic booster cushion 'like a baby'! so last week we bought two foam cushion seat pads and since then I've cut them to fit our kitchen chairs and covered them in Noddy fabric to make 'big boy's' cushion to so he can reach the table at meal times.....Cos he's not quite as big as he thinks yet :-) :-) 




My last pic is a puzzle for all you expert gardeners out there.  These plants have grown from a packet of wild flower seeds we scattered and are a complete mystery to us.  I thought they were Evening Primrose plants but as yet they have no flowers [or any signs of flowers coming yet either].  They are now about 5 foot tall!  Do any of you have any idea what they might be?  Please help us solve our puzzle.

Thanks for calling by.  Please leave me a little message so I know you've been and I will do my best to pay you a return visit ASAP.
Hugs,
Annie x

17 comments:

Helen said...

I hope someone is able to identify your plant.. Loving Theo's 'big boy's cushions'. The big floor cushions are fantastic, what a great idea to use the leftover curtain fabric. Have a lovely week Helen #1

Claire said...

I'm no help with plants, I'm afraid... and I love the big cushions - you are SOOO handy!!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 2

Julia Dunnit said...

Loving Theo’s cushions...and his idea that he’s a big boy now. Oh my, he doesn’t know does he that he’ll always be a baby boy!! Can’t help with the plant...greater minds than mine need to be involved. Although I shall be interested in the answer! It’ll turn out to be something you can harvest and use I expect, and you and Jo will make something great from it!!

Twiglet said...

Fab post - yes I wonder what we can make with that lovely plant - it's not pot is it! lol

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Those dresses are beautiful. I like the cushion covers pattern. The "big boy" chair booster looks great. I'm not sure what those plants are, but they look nice.

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Lots of fab sewing, as usual. Love that Noddy cushion. Our eldest granddaughter is always determined to sit at a table without a cushion, but she does really need one! Ali x #23

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah lovely dresses indeed esp wee rises one white one. Waste not want not with those floor cushions well done, Annie!
No idea on plants they must be related to Jacks beanstalk I think growing up and up, Theo might find the giant up there, now he’s a big boy!!
😆😁😊 love Noddy cushion. How cute, thanks so much for your lovely ATC, too, Annie I missed not being there too. Would that wasn’t 24hour flight. I dont do non stop flights anymore.
Happy WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #6

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, loving Theos cushion!No idea what the plant is although I know I've seen it before.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #14 X

Dorlene Durham said...

Great sewing projects. I don't sew as often as I used to but when I do, I love it and ask myself why don't I sew more. LOL

I don't know anything about plants but I'm sure someone will be able to solve your mystery. Dorlene #26

Catriona said...

What a clever idea to make Theo a big boy cushion for his chair at Nannie’s. The big floor cushions are fab as well. I have been making waterproof bags today for our van clothes dryer-teflon foot was magic! Look on FB later!

Sarah Brennan said...

Love Theo's big boy cushions! The bridesmaids dresses you've been altering are pretty too. Sorry can't help with the plants, I'm a complete novice regarding gardening/plant identification. Hope someone can help you though Annie. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Caro said...

Gorgeous dresses and love the different cushions! Happy WOYWW. With Love & God Bless, Caro x (#10)

Elizabeth said...

You have been busy, Annie. The little purple flowers you have added to the dress are so pretty - there's going to be one very happy little bridesmaid, I think. Love the floor cushions - nice fabric - and Theo's cushion is a brilliant idea. There's dark clouds on the horizon look pretty ominous - typical, Alan's just finished watering all the pots! Have a great week. Hugs, Ellie x #24

Anne said...

Super makes as always Annie. The bridesmaids dresses look lovely - I like how you have added the flowers on the white one. Anne x 18

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, sorry can't help with the plant! I'll show Mr M when he gets home as he may have more idea than me. Love Jo's comment … it's not pot is it? Haha. Great idea for Theo's cushion - our granddaughter Emily is saying the same thing now, so I might have to pinch your idea and make her a cushion that's for big girls - she is 3 now after all! Have a lovely week, Heather xx #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like another busy week. Not sure what the plant is but it looks interesting. Loving Theo's new cushion too. Wishing you a happy creative woyww, Angela x15x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for the visit...Such great photos and projects you encounter. No help for the plant ID hubby just walked in and he has no idea but said it looks like a weed ! Good Luck I do have an unusual old weed book I'll check it out Have a great weekend...Rain here in minutes so we are going OUT...even if just for groceries, cooped up too long !