Wednesday 22 March 2017

WOYWW.....

Here we are again at the weekly show and tell of many Creative folk from all around the world....check out details over at The Stamping Ground if you want to know more.  It's a very friendly group and all are welcome to join in the fun.

So? What's on my desk today?....

Firstly I'm going to share a link to a song that's been going round in my head all week...


And here's why?......


I ordered 15 matchboxes flat packed off eBay and they arrived on Saturday morning so I sat making the little boxes with that song going round in my head.  I cut 15 1.5"x2.5" pieces of felt to stick in the bottoms of each box.  I then cut 30 1.5"x2" pieces of matching felt to make 15 little pillows and 15 little machine edged blankets.....yes I know I'm quite mad!!

 I have used half of the above little beds for tiny dolls I was very kindly sent from some special blogging friends [you know who you are....thanks girls xxxx] and in the other half I have put tiny felt teddies I make.  These are my Matchbox buddies that I will be taking to the Spring Fayre I have a table at on April 2nd in Baschurch....do call in to say hello if you're in the area.

 This is what my desk looks like this morning.  Yesterday I cut out 6 bodies, 12 ears, 12 arms, 12 little legs and 6 little heart pockets using the fat quarter fabrics I picked up from Aldis a few weeks back.  I've already stitched the arms, ears, legs and pockets together, snipped around all the curves, turned them right sides out and pressed them all.  I am now deciding which fabrics look best with which before sewing them all together to make some Easter Bunnies.



So there you go....you can see what I will be doing today.  I will do my best to remember to snap a pic of the finished bunnies to share with you next week.
Please leave me a little comment to let me know you've called in and I will pop over to yours to see what you're up to this week.
Hugs,
Annie x



16 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. Looks like you have been manically busy this week, my friend! I don't know as I would have the patience for those little matchbox buddies... but I have made three bags for Uganda and am on my fourth out of 20.... so I suppose I make repeatable things as well - the bags are just bigger so easier for me.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6

Twiglet said...

Never a dull moment in our houses is there!! Loving the bunnies. x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Are those the little dollies we sent you? What a brilliant use for them - I'm sure they'll sell well at the fair! The bunnies are looking good already, even if they are just in their constituent parts. My JanCave is full of furniture, curtains and rolls of wallpaper at the moment...i must get it sorted soon!
Hugs, LLJ 3 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

I do look forward to seeing what new creative ideas you have had each week. Your stall at the craft fayre will certainly stand out. Love the tiny dolls all snug! Sarah #26

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Love the idea of the matchbox buddies. Just the sort of thing I would have carried around with as a child.

Fiona #27

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

A very cute project. Good luck with the Spring Fayre. The are popping up ads all over for here too. The tiny little bunnies reminds me of 20 yrs ago no 35, when my sons were small I loved working with TINY ! not so much now. I am anxious to see the finished project. You amaze me.

Sharon said...

I can see why that song got stuck in your head! Cute little project ideas for them. Lovely to see the bunny hospital - putting all those bunnies together! Hope the Spring Fayre goes well.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K#34

Neet said...

Oh Annie, I now have that song in my head too. Gorgeous projects, can I buy a little dolly one please. If it is difficult to post just leave it and I will get one another time (near the crop?). Am sure you will do well at the Spring Fayre as you make such pretty things. Wish I could come but I think I explained I am in Holland.
Sending love to you and yours
Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, well that song brought back memories though it's the Pete Seeger version I remember well. I'm loving your matchbox buddies and the Easter Bunnies look cute too. I'm sure a lot of little ones will treasure them. Have a great week. Hugs, Ellie x #30

Lynn Holland said...

Yep like Neet I've got that earworm now but also after reading all the figures from your bunny cutting out this popped in my head "and Uncle Tom cobbly and all". Hahaha.
I'm seriously envious of those little matchbox pieces. I bought one for a goddaughter once with a little dressed mouse in it and regretted not keeping it for myself ever since.
Happy week Annie
Lynn xxx 11

lisa said...

Love your little matchboxes, Annie. They reminded me of little dolls we used to buy in matchboxes when we were little, funny the things you remember.
I'm looking forward to seeing your photos of your flowers. Thanks for popping by already.
Hugs Lisax #24

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great post Annie, you know you can get a die to make your own matchboxes? though it's probably only worth it if you need quite few.
I popped over to listen to the song, it's one of those that if you get it in your head it just wont go Lol! Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x16x

Helen said...

oh what fun! I clicked over to see what the song was.. didn't even play it now I've got it going in my head! Love the bunnies too. Helen #2

Unknown said...

Oh Annie, I have a treasured memory of the first summer after my Mum died, my dad couldn't find a baby sitter so I did his post round with him, and all the way round he sang Little Boxes, and I skipped and danced for miles, I have so few happy memories of those years and you just triggered one - so many thanks, and love your bunnies tooo... Dx @43

shazsilverwolf said...

Awesome, Annie. Loved the little matchboxes when I saw them the other day, and those bunnies are going to look so cool. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxXx

craftyani said...

Gosh you must have some patience. What a lovely idea though. Got a vision of 50 dealers all singing the song. Anickoana #7.