Wednesday 1 June 2016

WOYWW.....

Well, that fortnight went quickly [but doesn't it always when you're having fun?].  I've been missing in action while all the celebrations were going on last week but I have to be honest and say a week in Albufeira was just what the Dr ordered.  It's been a very busy 12 months for us with getting all the work on our bungalow done so it was really lovely to have nothing at all to do but eat, sleep and read an occasional book or two for us both [and for those that follow me on Facebook you will have seen the occasional ice cream eaten and glass of Sangria drank!....well you just have to don't you?].

Before I share my desk today I want to say that I really hope Julia's surgery went well yesterday and today is the first day on her road to a good recovery.....I'm sure we were all thinking of her yesterday and really hope all our love and positive thoughts carry her through this difficult time.

On to what is on my desk today....


I was challenged by one of my blogging friends to make some special bunting for a very special little 5 year old boy who's in hospital having treatment for a brain tumour.  He loves superheros but I don't have any fabric printed with superheros so I set to to design my own.

I covered my desk in fabrics in the appropriate colours.



Did rather a lot of planning, pressing and snipping and cut out all the pieces needed.





Here's my desk mid planning.

And here's all the flags with the designs bond-a-webbed on the front and today I will be stitching them all in place before I back all the flags and stitch the bunting together. :-)
If I can remember I will snap a pic of it when it's finished to show you next week.





That's all from me for today.  I have received a few ATCs from the swap but Jo and I need to get together to swap and share them yet so I will try to snap a pic and thank all next week.

Here's hoping our dear friend and blog leader is back in the driving seat before too very long but until then I would like to thank Jan for holding the fort for us.

Biggest hugs to all,
Annie x

19 comments:

jill said...

Just love the banner Annie . Big thank you to yourself & to Jo for my atc's .
Happy woyww jill #17

Twiglet said...

That bunting is going to be fab!! Such a beautiful boy too - bless him. See you later maybe for quick coffee? x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh bless him, only five and having to face treatment like that. The bunting will definitely cheer him up then, it is AMAZING!! I love the black font against the yellow on top of the blue, clever design.
I'm so pleased you had a good break - was enjoying those ice creams and Sangrias with you, virtually of course!
Hugs, LLJ xxxx

Helen said...

I am sure Joshua will love his bunting, clever you! thanks again for including me with your atcs, both you and Jo - it means a lot. Next year i will make time to make more!! Helen #10

Lynn Holland said...

You have captured the essence of Joshua to a T. He is going to be so excited when he sees it I'm sure.
I can't thank you enough Annie. There's not a lot we can do when things like this happen other than offer prayers and support.
This little lamb has had so much of both. If the power of good vibes was medicine young Josh would be playing out with his little friends by now.
Thank you again, it's wonderful
Lynn xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie busy again as usual. I bet Joshua will love the bunting, know I do! Thank you so much to you both for the lovely ATCs, the collection is looking great. Have a lovely woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 25

Debbie Rock said...

Oh WOW! That bunting is amazing ... I can see that Joshua will be over the moon with it. Thanks for the ATC's that arrived ... both just wonderful and a very welcome addition to my collection. Glad you had a great time away! Love Debbie #26 xXx

glitterandglue said...

Good morning, Annie. Glad your time away was so beneficial. That's some great bunting coming together on your desk!!
Looks good.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #15

sandra de said...

Now that is amazing bunting you are such an amazing seamstress to come up with such wonderful ideas.
Have a lovely week.
sandra de @36

LisaDV said...

That banner is absolutely the cutest thing ever! You will make that little boy's day! Happy Wednesday! LisaDV #38

Sue Jones said...

Wow LOVE the bunting - my daughtert would love it too- one little boy is going to be so happy . Have a great week. Soojay 41 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, wow, you are clever! That bunting is marvellous, I'm sure it will bring a huge smile to his face! Good that you enjoyed your holiday, a rest is so nice, I agree.Loved the ATC, so tactile. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #18 xx

Diana Taylor said...

What a thing to be facing at 5 years old, poor little lamb. I'm sure that bunting will put a big smile on his little face - you really are so clever to have made and designed it - perfect for a little boy.
So glad you enjoyed your holiday, hope you have a good week back in the land of drizzle (well it is here anyway!),
Diana #29

Lisca said...

Oh that special little boy will be absolutely thrilled with his bunting! You are so creative and so clever to be able to make what you think up!
Thank you for your absolutely beautiful ATCs. (I think I'll frame them). I have sent you an email earlñier on.
Have a good week,
Happy WOYWW,
Lisca

Sharon said...

Glad you had a nice time away. I LOVE the bunting. Perfect!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #5

Neet said...

Glad you had a holiday - and enjoyed yourselves - reading sounds my cup of tea too.
Gorgeous bunting, gosh you are clever, I would have had to go out and buy special fabric - no - that's not true, I wouldn't have even started.
Thanks for your lovely atc Annie.
Have a good week.
Hugs, Neet 14 xx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Oh, that bunting is brilliant Annie.

Fiona #58

Carmen said...

That bunting is just amazing! Definitely going to be loved!

Carmen x #47

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Dear Annie,
Www..wow, you are truly one clever lady, what absolutely brilliant bunting!!!
I am sooo thrilled you were able to make for this dear little laddie and I pray God's healing hand upon him, and comfort and help for all his family... And I agree with prayer for Julia too and for her dear ones too, very hard for them all.
Happy WOYWW!! Thanks for the inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x #33 I think.. 😉

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}