Friday 3 April 2015

This week's smiles....week 113

Thanks to those who shared their smiles last week.  Such a lovely lot of happiness shared and several of them caused giggles.  My featured post from last week just had to be Elizabeth's.  The joke at the end really made me chuckle because as you can imagine this Nanny Annie, like the one in the joke, doesn't always get things right.  Thanks for sharing that Elizabeth.....I must remember to think twice before I answer the grandees questions ;-)

This week has been one full of smiles for me so I'm sharing several pics today...

My first pic is of Phoebe who's just had her first swimming certificate...well done Phoebe.  We are so very proud of you.

:-) :-) :-) :-)



I promised pics from our Easter Family fun day on Wednesday this week but alas I had such a fun time that I came home having not even taken one pic so Amy sent me this pic of Phoebe and Lulu holding some of the fab things they made on the day....didn't we have a lovely time girls?

:-) :-) :-) :-)










Then I have made a few collages to share with you that have made me smile this week [feel free to click on them for a closer look if you'd like to] ...


 ......I keep checking these for developments but apart from growing and growing so far no hint as to what they are. :-)


Thanks for all your help in deciding what some of our new garden treasures are...as you can see there is so much colour coming out there now.  :-)



I took these pics especially for Kate who has happy memories of the daffodils that line many roads around Shrewsbury.  Aren't they stunning?

:-) :-) :-) :-)





I really hope you've all enjoyed the smiles I've shared this week and will link yours up below.  Hoping you all have a wonderful Easter weekend filled with many moments to make you happy.
Hugs,
Annie x

15 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hadn't really planned to play this week, and I hope you don't mind that I have my recycle post following my story, but I simply could NOT go without telling this story. That was SO funny, I'm still laughing.

I'm especially proud of Phoebe, because I used to be a certified water safety and diving instructor. It's never too early to teach them to swim. Good for her.

I also enjoyed seeing the fun time you and the girls had making Easter goodies and Easter memories. What a joy that must bring to you.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen so many daffodils outside a Botanical Garden. Your photos of them are priceless.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Well done Phoebe, you're never too young. I can just imagine how much fun you all had. The lack of photos say it all really. Have a lovely long weekend x

tilly said...

what a fun week for you all and a great array of flowers popping up, Happy Easter
Tilly

Laura said...

Cuteness in form of your grandees and beauty in form of flowers - the perfect happy friday post! x

Hettie said...

Well done Pheobe on your first swimming certificate.
Lovely crafty goodness on show today from Lulu and Pheobe. Interesting looking plants, and being from Wales I have to comment on the daffodils.
Hugs
xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Annie...I'm smiling at your pics...don't the grandkids bring us so much joy - your's are super cute girls. Do love the colour you're finding in the garden - I 'd be rapt. Cheers and have a lovely weekend Robyn

Nan G said...

Oh your new gardens are gorgeous. Congrats to Phoebe on her certificate, especially since I am afraid of water and don't venture too near. And now I live a stones throw from the ocean. :0) Happy Easter! Hugs

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Could that mystery plant possibly be Agapanthus? The leaves look the same.....
And well done. Phoebe, great achievement :-)
LLJ xxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for the visit..I've no photo to share but trying to catch up from WOYWW. Your flowers are so pretty. A drop from the 60's to the 30's so it will be another week or so here. Congrats to Phoebe, water info is good for all. Wishing you and yours a Blessed Easter

mamapez5 said...

Thank you for the beautiful daffodils. They make me feel quite homesick, though I wouldn´t really choose to come back - not yet anyway! I see we were right about the fratilary. I did grow some of those once too.
Well done on the little swimmer. It is so good to know the children can handle themselves in water. Mine were all good swimmers and it made holidays so much more relaxed. And now Phoebe is off to a good start.
I´m a bit tied up today so I will probably be posting my smile tomorrow.
Kate x

Elizabeth said...

Glad you enjoyed my little joke from last week, Annie ... definitely a lesson to be learned there:)

Congratulations to Phoebe ... there's so much pleasure to be gained from swimming and you never know when the ability might save a life!

It's so easy to be so carried away and enjoying a family get together that the camera is forgotten ... just as well you have the photo of Phoebe and Lulu with their makes to remember it all by.

Still haven't figured out what your plants are so it's going to be a lovely surprise, eventually :) No sign of blooms on my pieris yet but yours is looking beautiful.

The massed planting of daffodils are just a treat - lovely memories for Kate :)

Happy Good Friday. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Creative Cardiology said...

A big way-to-go for Phoebe, such an accomplishment!
I'm also known to have so much fun that picture taking seems to be forgotten...
Daffodils are one of my Mum's favorite flowers of course, being as she is from Wales. Every year her garden is full of them.
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Michelle

Creative Cardiology said...

Forgot to mention how adorable the girls look--junior crafters in the making!
M

Twiglet said...

Great post Annie - those girls are growing so quickly. Gorgeous garden - save me a few bulbs! x Jo

Laura said...

So sorry for the wrong link! Kate pointed it out to me so I have now added the correct one x