Thursday 21 July 2011

Lucy Locket lost her.....

Well?  As we all know she lost her pocket.  

I spent this morning finishing off the 10 little dresses for Africa.



Here they are hanging on my 'to do' rail.  Don't they just look lovely?












I felt there was one thing missing from them though so I sorted out some matching fabric and have, so far, made 5 pockets for the pink dresses.  I'm sure all little girls like a pocket to put something special in.



I was disturbed mid morning by big sis who joined me for coffee [thanks for the company Jo].  As you will have seen on her blog she has been knitting for our expected grandbabies.  She had knit a little pink cardy and a little blue cardy but was really struggling to find buttons for them. 

 I tipped out my box of blue buttons on my ironing board [look at how many I've got and those are just the blue ones!] but even then we really struggled to find 4 little matching blue ones for the cardy.  Would you believe it?

For those that missed my request in yesterday's post....If anyone has spare pillow cases that you would be willing to donate to the cause I would be happy to run them up into extra little dresses for Africa so please would you hunt them out and email me at wipso@toucansurf.com for details of where to post them to. They can be patterned or plain and as long as they still have life left in the fabric they will be good. Thank you ever so much if you can help out.

6 comments:

Twiglet said...

I have a feeling you will be dressing a few more girls around the world then!!! It will certainly keep you out of mischief!

PinksyDoodles said...

Wonderful dresses! The pockets will be a great addition.
Hugs, Clare x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah they are brilliant , well done and what a great cause, Love Hazelxo

Di said...

Every little girl likes a pocket to keep her special little stones and such in (I certainly did!), Di x

peggy aplSEEDS said...

what a wonderful project! and to add such cute pockets is so sweet of you. i am sure the little girls will be so happy!

Sew Scrumptious said...

Thanks so much for all your support! Really appreciate it. x