Friday 9 August 2024

This week's smiles....week 386

 Another busy week here at Sewing by Annie's and lots more smiles to share with you all.




Lexi has had the results of her last dance exams and has done really well....I'm so very proud of her and her achievements.




Sam and his Dad, Brent got tickets to go and see the filming of Gladiators for the next series and they had an amazing time in the best seats in the Sheffield arena.





This week we have had our old shed taken down and a new concrete pad laid for our new shed.....coming at the end of the month. [Exciting times].



The twins bought me a packet of Morning Glory seeds as part of my Mother's Day gift and we have watched them growing and thought we were only going to get one flower each day on the plants [the bottom two pics] but yesterday morning 4 came out all together.....what a gorgeous blue ....these really made me smile.









I seem to have found lots of funnies this week so I hope something here makes you smile.  Please leave me a little comment and, if you can, then please share your smiles below.
Hugs,
Annie x



9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry about the double entry. I was trying to delete the previous post and published it instead. I'll be back after read your post.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations to Lexi and it sounds like an exciting event for Sam and his dad.

That shed didn't look that bad, but that is going to be a great new shed because of that new pad.

I'm amazed you got the morning glories to grow from seed and how lovely they turned out. Some of your funnies are great. I especially LOVED the math parents help with and the change in the pocket. Have a great Friday and rest of the weekend, Annie.

Twiglet said...

Oh well done Lexi. Looking forward to seeing you dance again. Isn't that Morning Glory lovely. I've never grown it. Great funnies. 🤣 x x Jo 🌈

Lisca said...

Oooh! A new shed! That's exciting! You certainly deserve a new one as you have such a beautiful garden. The morning glory looks great. Well done you for growing it from seed.
Great that Sam went to see the filming of Gladiators. That must have been thrilling for him (them).
Loved the funnies, especially the maths one.
Have a great weekend (installing your new shed).
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

WOW! BIG congrats to Lexi, you must be so proud!!!! It must be so much fun to dance (I sadly can not).
And your garden, so wonderful.
Big LOL on the sewing machine! And yes, sometimes I enter the kitchen and... can´t remember what I wanted. But I still know song-lyrics from back then. Have a lovely Friday full of smiles.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, this is a quick one from me today as I have to go out but will be back later to visit everyone else. Looks like everyone's had a great week and the new flowers are a brilliant colour. can relate to the funnies especially the somg lyrics though they probably go further back than the 80's Lol! Have a good weekend. Hug Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Well done Lexi. She has certainly found her place to shine.
I don't like watching Gladiators this season. It is too much the same every week. But I canimagine it ws very exciting to watch live. It will be good to have a new shed installed in your lovely garden. Morning glory ar so very pretty and few other flowers are such a true blue. You did well with your gifted seeds.
You made me smile with some of your funnies today. Kate x

Cloudia said...

Congratulations Lexi! A bit like winter really lol

LA Paylor said...

oooo a new shed! The morning glories are so pretty, talented grand kids
LeeAnna