Wednesday 29 March 2023

WOYWW...

 Hi all.  Firstly I have decided to share with you the difficult time I have been going through. Back on 22nd Febuary I noticed a problem that needed checking out with my Dr.  I saw her the next day and she said I would get an appointment within 2 weeks at the hospital.  I was sent an appointment for 13th March but on that morning I tested positive for Covid!! My next appointment was for March 25 so I was to attend the clinic [alone because of Covid] and spent over 2 hours being checked out....not an experience I hope to need again because I did not know what the outcome would be but thankfully I can now share that all is well and there is nothing to worry about.





I thought you'd like to see the fashions I had to wear while there...it was a cape that fastened down the front with velcro that left nothing to the imagination if you lifted your arm for anything lol
I was greeted by a lovely lady who quickly realised I had altered her Wedding dress 18 years ago....small world eh?










I have been playing catch up all week with work and since I was here last week I have....
  • Shortened 2 bridesmaids dresses
  • shortened an evening dress
  • lifted a velvet dress on the shoulders
  • shortened the sleeves on a waterproof coat
  • put a new zip in a gents pair of trousers
  • replaced the zips in another bag full of factory trousers and



Made 10 Memory bears from a much loved Dad and Grandad's shirts.

They are made using 9 gents shirts and each one had to be different :-)

My motto is...
The impossible I do at once, miracles take a little longer :-)







It's always the way that when I'm at my busiest my family need sewing doing too and I have also shortened 2 pair of trousers for Brent [son-in-law] and altered one of Lexi's dance dresses.

Also on Saturday morning Theo, who had proudly been allowed the school bear to bring home and look after for the weekend, sent me a message to let me know and to say he really didn't like Bob the bear being naked so, if he brought me one of his old school uniforms could I make one for Bob while Theo was at gymnastics....about 2 hours!!!

Of course Nanny Annie never likes to disappoint so I set to and made him his own uniform....and Theo's smiles when he saw it was why I do these things.

Bob went back to school Monday wearing his new uniform and Theo's teacher said I should win the award for the best Nanny :-) :-)



It was a working weekend for me but I have had a few helpers...



My darling hubby took all the old zips out of the factory trousers ready for me to put the new ones in and, when Amy and the girls came to visit on Sunday, I had just 3 Memory bears left needing stuffing so they each stuffed one for me while they were here...I just love my family.


As you can see, it's been a stress filled few weeks but I can now put all that behind me and have been able to get on top of my work load.








Thanks for calling by.  I will do my best to pay you a visit ASAP but have another wedding dress fitting this morning and a lady coming to have some memory cushion covers made....plus we have Louie here today and tomorrow to look after :-)  Happy days :-)

Hugs,

Annie x




12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad to hear your test results came out fine Annie (was there myself a couple of years ago minus the COVID so I know how woorying it can be). You have indeed been very busy - love the new uniform for Theo's class teddy!!!! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Twiglet said...

Wonder woman!! You amaze me - so quick to get your challenges sorted. That little bear in his uniform is brilliant. X x Jo

Anne said...

Hi Annie. I have not managed to join in- again :-( but read your post. I am so pleased all is well re test results.
Love the bears uniform!
Take care. Anne ( copperbeechcrafts

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Good news, but isn't it something to go through? Covid is around here again also. Hope all keeps on the up and up and you have better days. Looks like you always have plenty to do. Enjoy a good week and Happy WOYWW

Diana Taylor said...

I'm so glad your news is good and there is nothing to worry about - the not knowing is just ghastly, I know. I love the teddy in uniform - what a great idea. the memory bears are gorgeous - I'm always amazed at how much you manage to achieve.
Hope you have a lovely week,
Diana xx #10

Helen said...

My god, how much do you get done ... pleased the results are OK. . Take care , happy woyww Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well I’m pleased to hear that all the tests were clear but I agree with you about hospital gowns, they’re not user friendly are they? I’m sure you could design a better one that allows access for various things but preserves your modesty. Great pic of the family piling in to help, it’s a two way street isn’t it? You do so much for them as well xx
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Lindart said...

Wow, you have been VERY busy! I love the school uniform for the bear! And the family all helping out is precious! Have a wonderful week! Lindart #16

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

What a week you've had but good results thank goodness! I think you should get the family helping out more often. Loving the teddies and the school uniform for Bob too. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x11x

Neet said...

So glad your fears were unfounded. I know what it is like to go to hospital on your own. I had it to do when I took a chunk out of my leg which was also bleeding profusely and I had to stand in a queue outside holding onto the said leg to quell the bleeding. Scary isn't it?
Thank goodness we are hear to tell the tales.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

So glad your tests came out ok Annie. Yea, the robes are dreadful. If you have to attend hospital ever again (I hope not!) could you wear one you’d made for yourself? Your bears are fantastic but Theo’s bear’s uniform in 2 hours flat is a triumph.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 9

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh Annie, I’m late and am now a bit in shock too. You are amazing and I’m absolutely delighted for you that tests have proven clear, as you say, the lack of constant niggling worry is a huge weight lifted. Am only sorry that you had to wait and wait. Hideous experience and sadly, lots of us know exactly what it’s like. Making woman, you’ve caught up and look at you roping I the fam..love that! we’re going to have stop referring to him as ‘little Theo’ soon, just look at him, where’s the baby?!! Hugs and love to you xx