Friday 24 March 2023

This week's smiles....week 505

 What a week it's been here at Sewing by Annie's.  I've been playing catch up with work from having Covid last week and trust me I'm nowhere near on top of it all yet....there's no rush thankfully.  I love being busy but I also do like to see the light at the end of my tunnel and it will be a while.

I was well and truly spoilt on Mothering Sunday with many cards, gifts and flowers and it was a weekend of celebrations for Lexi and her dancing group [Lexi is on the left at the back by their dance teacher]...


Here they are with their lovely dance teacher Katie.  This is the junior group and on Saturday they came joint first and put through to the competion with all the winners of all ages on the Sunday where they were placed second.....I'm so very proud of them all.



The white dove that visited me last week brought his friend on Sunday so that really made me smile.


Milly never fails to make us smile.  In the top pic she was ripping up a paper bag that was rolled up into a ball and thrown to her to play with by my hubby....he thought it was funny until she decided to rip it up into tiny little pieces.

In the bottom pic she was 'helping' the boss sort out the strawberry plants that had over wintered in the blue box...in fact she was watching his every move in case there was a mouse in the box!!






Our garden now has beautiful Spring flowers opening out in every corner so I popped out and snapped a selection for you....I love Spring.



Finally it wouldn't be Friday without a few funnies.  I hope you find something to make you smile and will then share your smiles by linking up below.

Hugs,

Annie x

7 comments:

Lisca said...

I'm glad you recovered from the nasty Covid.
Well done Lexie! Look at them all. Aren't they gorgeous.
Milly makes me smile too. She certainly is inquisitive.
I love seeing the daffodils and anything 'spring' that pops up. Here we stioll have the almond blossom. (Quite late really, we usually see them in February).
Oh the white dove! 'La Paloma Blanca'! How beautiful. Here they are considered vermin and get shot at.
Thanks for the funnies.
I'm off to the gym now. Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

Well done Lexi and co. That is a great result. Lovely Spring pics. x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like you've had a great week and the girls too, well done to them all. Lovely to see Milly again just hope she doesn't take a fancy now to paper she's not meant to rip up Lol! Good collection of funnies too. I have a friend who would like a tap like that! Have a great weekend, hugs Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Well done to Lexi and her dance group. I am sure they are all very proud and rightly so.
Your Spring flowers are so pretty. What lovely colours and it really lifts your spirits to se them.
I had to smile at Milly and her paper. leo has discovered the waste bin that I had hidden under a coffee table and he loves to tip it over and chew up all the paper. I remember Tolly used to do the same with the one in my craft room. I will have to find a more secure home for it for a while.
You always find the right funnies to start my day with a smile. Kate x

LA Paylor said...

milly and Milo are both showcasing their ripping skills this week! Yea for the dance team!
LeeAnna

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was SURE I left you a comment this morning, but I don't see it here now. My sincere apologies unless it is in your spam folder. SO glad to read you have now tested negative for COVID. I am still so afraid of that horrible virus.

Congrats to Lexi and her group. She looks SO grown up. I know you are proud of her and her troupe. Milly makes me laugh. She is so inquisitive. Such an adorable and lovable girl. Your yard is awash with wonderful flowers. Here the flowers are just starting to break above ground. Have a super Friday and rest of the weekend, too, dear Annie.

Iris Flavia said...

Congrats to the dancers and yay for furry helpers - and to Spring, of course!