Wednesday 8 June 2022

WOYWW...

 Hello all. Hope you've all had a good week and enjoyed the Jubilee celebrations....ours hasn't been quite as planned as my darling hubby has sciatica.  As I'm typing this he has gone for some acupunture...and I really hope it's helped because he's really suffered since last Friday.  I've had it twice so know just how painful it is so I'm hoping it goes very soon for him.

Since last Wednesday I have taken the scissors to the colourful piece you saw on my desk last week and here the results...


I have really enjoyed being creative and have made a batch of ATCs ready for thr crop in October....yes I know it's a long way off yet but I like to be prepared :-)



This is what I made with the Ikea tray and green sticks.  The holder I made years ago for my bobbins was too small and just didn't hold them and kept getting tangled up so I needed an upgrade....I'm well chuffed with the results too.




This is the latest School Memory bear I've made....he's now on his way to his new home in Scotland...Another new school for me and Annie's love has spread a little further :-)



On Monday Jo popped round for a coffee and catch up and while she was here she cut my hair for me.  The plastic pouch I keep my hair cutting scissors in had perished so when she had gone I took them into my sewing room and with a piece of fabric I had just cut off a dress I ran up a new poppered pouch to keep them in....No pattern, it just came out of my head.  I'm easily pleased and this really made me smile.

Finally last, but by no means least, is my latest ATC from the swap....this one had a long way to come as it's from Susan over in Australia....thanks so much.  I love the thought that our friendship travels so far thanks to our Wednesday link ups.
Hugs,
Annie x


13 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Good morning Annie, love the fun colors you are sharing with all the projects. I have plastic caps that sit on top of the thread spool and pop in the bobbin so the colors bobbin/thread are always together But I don't do near the sewing you do !!! Thank goodness. Our lady seamstress retired and I truly don't know how people are going to get by. It's a lost art here. Young gals just aren't interested. That's where I miss having my 4 girls able to be with me off and on. Neither DIL's sew/mend etc. Enjoy the week

Tracy said...

Gooood morning Annie ๐Ÿค— sending get well wishes your hubby's way, sciatica is no fun ... hoping it eases soon. Just look at that gorgeous rainbow on your desk,how beautiful they turned out, a feast for the eyes ๐Ÿคฉ All is revealed with the tray ๐Ÿ˜‰fab idea!! Little bear made with love ๐Ÿ’› Must be great living so close to Jo ๐Ÿ’• I can see why your new pouch would make yooou happpppy ๐Ÿคธ‍♀️๐ŸŒˆ⭐The happiest of happy mail popping through your door,loving Susans ATC . Wishing you a beautiful week ahead in all you do with love and hugs Tracy #11 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

Firstly I went Wow! at the beautiful ATC's you made by cutting up your patchwork - they are gorgeous. And secondly I went Wow! at the fabulous bobbin holder - what a brilliant idea, and one I shall be stealing if you don't mind - my bobbins are a complete mess.
Hope your hubby is soon feeling better and pain free, sciatica is a nightmare.
Happy WOYWW,
Diana xx #14

Twiglet said...

Perfect little scissor pouch! Hope D is feeling a bit better today. xx Jo

Crafting With Jack said...

Your ATC’s are beautiful, is that something people normally do? This will be my first! Sorry to hear you have sciatica, hoping for improvement soon. Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

Unknown said...

Hi Annie, loving the ATCs and hope you will give me some information soon about what usually goes on at the Crop as it's all new to me and so will need to prep. myself in plenty of time. It looks as though ATC swapping is something you usually do? It seems like a long time till October but the way this year is going it will be here before we know it. I'm sure the acupuncture will help, it's very relaxing. Loving the new bear too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x13x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read about your husband. I hope the acupuncture works. Another adorable bear and those bobbins are amazing. I love how you color coded them in their new holder. I don't have many bobbins, but I keep my few full.

I wanted to let everyone know, I am the most unlucky person on WOYWW today. After linking, I was kicked offline due to an electricity outage. When it came back on, I saw my entire city is now required to boil water for the next 24 hours due to a water break. I wanted to quickly explain so everyone didn't think I had forgotten to visit. Storms still raging overhead, so I am copying and pasting this message in case I get caught offline again. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

Lynn Holland said...

Ooh poor hubby, he has my sympathy. Give him a hug from me.
You have been busy Annie. Can you send me a bucketful of your discipline please heehee
Lynn xxx

Lynnecrafts said...

I hope your husband’s sciatica gets better soon. Love your school bear and your colourful projects
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 19

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh what a great way to store the bobbins Annie. Hope your hubby's sciatica eases soon and the acupuncture helps. Mine went off after about a fortnight fortunately, but my hubby still suffers. Loving the ATCs for the crop - so well prepared. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, I love what you’ve done with the rainbow patchwork, a lovely lot of ATCS! I really like the scissors pouch too, a lovely result for something you probably didn’t realise you needed! Poor old Doddy, sciatica is awful, hope it starts to get better very soon.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Susan Renshaw said...

So pleased that my ATC and card has arrived!
Another lovely memory bear and that pouch is just right!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #16

Lillianb said...

Hope your Hubby is soon better as i know how painful it can be, great ATCs and its always good to be ready, another great memory bear,and scissor case

Take care and stay safe. Lilian B #17