Friday 10 June 2022

This week's smiles...week 476

 It has been a lovely week with all the Jubilee celebrations over the weekend...and I have to say little Prince Louis and Padington bear stole the show for me.  We had a quiet weekend at home in front of the telly because my darling hubby has sciatica....I really sympathise because I have had it twice and know just how painful it is.  He had a session with a physio on Monday and has been doing the exercises she gave him to help but as yet the exercises have just made him stiff and achy....fingers crossed things improve soon.


We had already booked a trip on a canal barge for Friday night but of course sitting for about 3 1/2hrs probably wasn't the best thing to be doing with sciatica.





Our garden just keeps on giving at this time of year.  The middle photo is of our clematis that is growing up our pergola on our patio.  There seems new colour in every corner each week.











Finally here's the funnies for this week....I seem to find so many each week at the mo and hope they make you smile.
Thanks for calling by.  I hope you will all link up to your own smiles below.
Hugs,
Annie x




6 comments:

mamapez5 said...

The celebrations were great to watch at the weekend, and little Paddington bear really seems to have caught people's imagination,
What a shame that hubby's sciatica stopped him fully enjoying the canal trip. It looks really nice and very interesting to see the scenery from a different perspective. I do hope his pain eases soon.
Your garden is beautiful. I love the little blue nigellas, (or Love-in-the-mist as we used to call them) Dad always had some in the garden and I liked to shake all the dying pods to collect the seeds for the next year.
Your funnies made me smile. Some are very clever ideas aren't they.
Hope things soon improve on the home front. have a good weekend. Kate x

Twiglet said...

That garden is full of colour isn't it - fab! Hope the back ache is improving. xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your garden is looking ver colourful. I am working on adding more flowers to ours this year as we have a very green place but not a lot of colour. I always found it the easiest way to keep the weeds down when we were working to have lots of evergreen bush type plants. I am in full agreement that despite everything that they di for the jubilee, Paddington is the one thing that sticks in my mind! Loving the funnies. Think I need to spend some time looking for some new ones soon. Have a great weekend, hugs Angela xXx

Lisca said...

Your garden is really beautiful! Enjoy it while it lasts. Here the lush green of the fields has changed into the yellow of the dried herbs and flowers. And they are also harvesting hay so there are yellow bales everywhere. It all looks rather yellow again.
We both had a good chuckle at your funnies.
Yes, I agree, the Paddington sketch was the highlight for me. We watched bits and bobs as it came out on Youtube (as we don't have tv).
I'm sorry to hear your hubby has sciatica. That's nasty. I hope he recovers soon. (I know it will take time...)
Have a lovely weekend in spite of that,
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was sorry to read that your husband still has sciatica. I hope it improves soon.

I got to see Paddington on YouTube because they didn't show it here in the states. I wanted to see the buses, but apparently I slept when they were on. I woke just as the announcer was talking about it.

Your garden is lovely. I wish I had a better idea of where all those flowers were located in your garden. You certainly have a lot of color. I have mostly green!

I loved the garden furniture and Bandit's mom. Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend. I am late visiting because once again, my electricity was out due to lightening. This (the storms that cause me to lose power) is getting old.

Catriona said...

I have great sympathy for you poor hubby-48 years ago I first had sciatica and it bothers me every so often still. Sorry for late reply as have a poorly husband. Gorgeous garden photos too.