Wednesday 1 May 2019

WOYWW....

I'm counting down the days now til Crop 10 [just 31 days!!!!] and getting rather excited.  Jo and I have been plotting and planning and I have a box or two of goodies ready for the big day.  We intend baking some cakes but if anyone wants to bring one with them they will be very welcome....can never have too much cake can we?  
We will be setting out tables for..
  • Eating cake on
  • Crafting on [who am I joking?]
  • Bring and take....it anyone would like to bring any crafty item they no longer use to pass on to others then they are welcome but if by the time they leave it hasn't been taken by anyone then we ask you to take them home with you.
  • Draw prizes....most people usually bring a little something to go in a draw [doesn't need to be anything crafty]
  • Did I mention eating cake on?
  • Food....there will be a cold finger food buffet [PARTY food....cos we have a lot to celebrate!]
  • Tea / Coffee and cold drinks will be available throughout the day
  • Oh and yes to eat cake on or have I said that before?
As you can see it's going to be a fun filled, cake eating, day.

Now to what you've come here to see....my desk.



I've sorted out some of my fat quarters and am working on a piece of crazy patchwork to make a book cover with.  I rather like how it's going together and plan to keep this as my go to project when I'm not so busy with customers.









This week business has really picked up since the Easter break and I've already 
  • Shortened 2 hems on a bridesmaids dress and taken in the bodice to make it fit.
  • Altered the bodice on a very posh frock.
  • Shortened the sleeves on a suit jacket and shortened the trousers too for a gent to wear to his daughter's wedding. 
  • Made this little stripey Memory bear in memory of a much loved mum.  It's had to be made before the funeral so I'm not sure if he wont be featuring there.


I already have orders for 9 more bears so I'm hoping they don't all arrive on the same day :-)

That's all from me for today.  Don't forget to add you name and numbers over at Julia's if you're coming to Crop 10....and if not then why not?  It's going to be a day not to miss.
Hugs,
Annie x

21 comments:

Helen said...

Really looking forward to finally meeting you and Jo! As I have to change trains 4 times in all I will be trying to pack light... and after all, with cake to eat there won't be much time to craft... Your crazy patchwork looks fabulous. Helen #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Busy busy! The thought of all those alterati9ns makes me a bit giddy to be honest, I do admire what you do. Looking forward to Crop so much. I hope there’s space to eat cake. Love the book cover, what a sweet idea. I have one! just reminded me, it was a gift from my sissy. Slightly quilted and embellished...I must dig it out. Trouble is I have so many notebooks that I have the luxury of not using the nicest!!

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. You have definitely been busy. So clever being able to do those alterations. Glad to hear there will be plenty of cake at the Crop - I will wear some loose clothing! I will definitely be bringing some stash with me - some paints and scrapbooking goodies. Ali x #12

Twiglet said...

Great post Annie - I will put similar on my blog next week and ask about any requests for gluten free etc. Getting closer now! xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Woohoo, party time - *happy dance*. It's getting closer and I'm really looking forward to joining in the fun. Thank you (and Jo) for organising this, I know what hard work it is! The crazy patchwork is great, lovely colours!!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Jan said...

Happy WOYWW #517 xx Jan (20)

Catriona said...

So excited, Annie, to finally be meeting you all! Need to think about my little prize for the draw.

Neet said...

Lovely striped bear and lovely patchwork ready for the book you intend to cover.
Great news about the party - is it a cake party by any chance?
Will see what I can do but it all depends on this back of mine at the moment.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Anne said...

Hi Annie. Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting new folk and - oh yes eating cake! Very exciting. Love the fabrics you are using for book cover. Anne x 24

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, the crop seems to have suddenly come round really quickly! Need to get organised here. Cake is always a good idea,and I'm sure we all eat more cake than we craft, lol. Good to see you have so many bears to make. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I am really looking forward to the get together. It is quite a while since I met up with everybody. Your memory bears are lovely and I am sure they will mean so much to everyone who has one. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #5

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, You have been busy what with all the arrangements for the crop and you everyday job too. Just as well we have another bank holiday coming up - you can have a bit of R&R then. Glad business has picked up again for you though. I think you might just have mentioned cake - it wouldn't be a party without it! I'm loving your crazy patchwork - the pastel shades are really pretty and I'm sure the finished book cover will be a thing of joy! The stripey teddy is beautiful and sure to bring back some very happy memories for many at the funeral. I'm so looking forward to the get-together - not long now. Enjoy the rest of the week. Hugs, Ellie x #26

CraftygasheadZo said...

Hello lovely - so nice to pop in and see you again after such a long break on my part. Love your makes as always. I just looked up the crop details - I am so out of the loop. Sadly it's a bit far for me to drive in one day and staying over isn't possible what with Asher and everything going on with Keagan! Maybe next one I'll get there! Take care Zo xx 25

Caro said...

I am so looking forward to meeting you and Jo finally at the crop. I am driving across so will inevitably be a bit late, but it will be wonderful to meet everyone. Happy WOYWW. Have a great week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#18)

Sarah Brennan said...

I'll be there with bells on Annie, but Eva won't be with me (more cake for me lol). Love the look of that patchwork for the notebook cover. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful sewing projects.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Even more memory bears! Love them all. Thanks for the visit over at mine and happy woyww, Angela x14x

Glenda said...

Wish I lived there! Would really love to be a part of this upcoming crop!
Glenda #9

buterfliecrafter said...

Yet again a lovely remebrant bear, I still think this is such a wonderful idea.Vicky#23

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, looking forward to seeing you again at the Crop. Will there really be cake? I must have missed that at last year's crop, wink :-). I will try and find time to bake a cake. The patchwork looks great. I've not started my grandsons quilts yet, so maybe crazy patchwork might be the way for one of them. Have a lovely week Heather x #15

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely bears and the stripy material looks great doesn’t it! Annie, love your crazy patchwork an dam glad you’ve enough tables for cake at the crop 😆
Happy belated WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #16

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}