Friday 3 May 2019

This week's smiles....week 319

I'm here for my usual weekly catch up of the happy moments of my week and to share them with my friends hoping that they make you smile too and your share yours with me.  Having had a couple of very quiet weeks with my sewing business it's really made me smile that this week I've been REALLY busy. 
 Since doing the Bridesmaid's dress and posh frock of last week I've had a steady flow of item's of clothing to make memory characters with.  I'd already made the stripey bear you saw on Wednesday and yesterday I made.....



A School Memory bear for a little girl and School Memory rabbit for her big brother plus for their mummy I made....




...a special Memory cat out of her Nan's favourite cardigan.  When I sent her the photos of her finished characters this was her response..

Annie I’m in happy tears!! My Nan’s Bear is fantastic!!! And the kids!!! Love them all thanks so much xx can’t believe you have done them already x talented lady x

......this is why I feel so blessed to be doing the job I do.



On Sunday while hubby was at footy I went to an Escape Room session with my Son, Mark, his wife Gina and a group of friends.  As you can see from the photos the younger generation won the challenge and managed to break into the bank to get the money before us oldies but as only 57% of those that go in actually escape in the time allowed the fact that us oldies got out with over 4 minutes to spare really made us smile.


This is my garden catch up for this week.  We bought two new Lilac bushes at the end of last year and they are now bursting into bloom....I can nearly smell them already....can't wait.

I think I will leave it there for this week.  Please leave me a little message if you've called in and it you can then link up to your smiles below.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Darling bears, Annie. Glad to see you are still selling them.

My question is, did the kids get to keep the cash, or was it phony, too? I know you have fun at that event and I bet you are proud you made it out, too. Good job!!!!

I miss my lilac bush. I had one on my fence line and my neighbor chopped it down. I was SICK. Yours looks very healthy and I bet you have it in a place where a neighbor can't get to it (grin).

Have a super Friday and great weekend, too.

Twiglet said...

Your bear/rabbit/cat etc are gorgeous - they will be well loved I am sure! xx Jo

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Love the Smiles Annie, and love that all th bears have different faces too, you do great work, amd yes xscaped is quite an achievement, well done, hugs Shaz.x 😁

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oops dopey me, just re read it ones a bunny and cat no wonder different faces, sleep deprived here, brain dead. Xxx

Lynn Holland said...

I’ve never heard of an escape room thing but it sound like a right hoot.
Your bears bring out the child in us all I think Annie. A lovely desire for something to hold close and comfort us.
A bit like my hot water bottle me haha xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, another great week. No wonder you enjoy making the memory characters and not surprised everyone loves them so much. Sounds like you've all had a fun week, it's so nice to be able to spend time doing stuff with the family. Have a great Friday and a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

The stuffed animals you made are fantastic! Your flowering garden looks lovely. I heard about these escape rooms a few months ago from someone in the blog sphere, then saw a news article about them here in CT after that. I don't think I'd get out, and time would run out. I'm not good at solving puzzles. It looks like both of your groups had fun. :-)

Lisca said...

The memory animals you made are so cute and very special for the people involved. It certainly is wonderful work you do there. Brings lots of healing I'm sure.
I don't know about the escape thing. I think I also saw your photo on Facebook, but I have no idea what it is. I will google it later. It sounds fun. (Or perhaps not...) I don't think I fancy being locked up and having to figure out how to escape. Will they get you out if you don't appear after a certain time? Anyway, I am very impressed you got out within the set time. Kudos! I hope the money was real!
Your lilac trees look lovely. I had one in the UK and the smell is divine.
Have a relaxing weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, another lovely smiley post. Your memory creatures are beautiful - love the rabbit's long ears, fabulous, and the kitten is really precious. Well done on escaping with so much time to spare - hope the younger ones enjoyed spending the money!!! Love your lilac bushes - can almost smell them myself. Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Hugs, Ellie xxx

mamapez5 said...

Well done for getting out of the Escape room. I have heard a few people saying they have visited one, and what fun they are.
I love the bears and the little white cat is gorgeous.
Lilac is one of my favourite shrubs. I had a beautiful one in my UK garden, bought as a tiny plant from a WI stall in the market. They smell beautiful and the birds and bees love them too. So I hope you enjoy yours for many weeks.
Kate x